YOU

You were really quiet and observant as a kid. You kept to yourself and enjoyed your own company.

Didn't mingle with anyone, it was not that you didn't like to but you just couldn't. You became awkward and said something weird and embarrassed yourself.

At first you did put effort into making new friends but after a few failed attempts you gave up and retreated to your own world and soon it was comfortable for you. You didn't care.

You do not remember your father being around you even when you were little. He would rarely come home.
You kept asking your mother where your father was and she would just reply that he was out on his business tour.

That's the best excuse she could come up with. What else could she even tell you? How could she have told you that your father was fucking his boss's daughter and didn't care enough to come home to you and your mother? You were just a kid, you weren't ready to handle that kind of reality.

For the first ten years of your life, you lived in Daegu, you vaguely remember it, almost having no recollection of those years.

Whenever your father came home, you would beg him to take you to an amusement park but he never listened to your whines.
"DON'T DISTURB ME, I'M BUSY." These words from your father were something you were completely used to.

It was your annual sports day and even though you didn't participate in all the events you were quite excited for one event, it was the frog jump race. You always thought it was fun, so you wanted to participate this time.

There was some time left for the event to begin and you were just roaming around when you spotted a boy in distance.

His head hung low, he was nibbling his lips and his shaking his legs nervously as he sat away from the crowd, and no one paid attention to him, as if he was invisible.

He looked up and spotted you and you smiled at him and that's when you noticed he had something on his face, you tried to gesture it to him but he wasn't giving any response. It seemed like he had zoned out.

So you jogged towards him.

"Hey!" You said and his eyes just went round as he looked at you and this made you chuckle.

"You have a little something on your face." You said pointing at his face.

"My- my face?" He asked, blinking continuously.

"Yes." You said giggling. "Did you eat berry jam?" You asked.

"Yes. You how know?" He asked, confused.

This made you giggle again. "Because, it's all over your face." You said, chuckling. "Here." You took a handkerchief out of your skirt pocket and handed it over to him. "Wipe it off."

He took it from you shyly.
"Tha- nk you." He mewled.

"You're cute." You said, and ran away giggling. You really did think he was cute.

And, that little boy was none other than Kim Taehyung. But you didn't know that then, and you don't know it now, neither does he.

You were Taehyung's crush when he was a kid.

What you did that day was not a big of a deal to you because your eomma always told you to be kind to everyone and help everyone in any way you can.

You were feeling happy, thinking that you had done something nice that day, you had helped someone. You wanted to tell your eomma all about it when you reached home.

You also won the bronze medal in the frog jump race. You were on cloud nine. You were jumping and hopping happily as you headed home.

"Eomma, I'm home." You squealed, happily.