Chapter 38

My you

Taehyung's whole body was shivering. From the very beginning, it was you.

You had him under your spell since you were kids.

He cursed himself for not realising it sooner.

This was a sign from the universe.
You and Him, you both belong together.

All your handkerchiefs had this beautiful sunflower embroidered on to them at a corner.
He remembered asking you why you had these sewn on to all your handkerchiefs.
"My mother used to sew this design on my handkerchiefs, I watched her do it and asked her to teach me." You explained as he watched you sew one right in front of him.

Now, after all these years he had seen the exact same embroidery on the handkerchief Yeonjun had all this while. The one you had given to him as a kid.

He couldn't believe it, so he hacked into his school's student database and there it was.
Your name, with a picture from your childhood and that's when he was sure it was you.

Right now, he was in his car, driving off towards Namjoon's place, to get a glimpse of you and if things went well, he would bring you along with him, he would convince you at first of course, but if you resisted too much, he may have to resort to a little bit of violence and knowing you, he knew you would give in if he threatened to kill Namjoon, worst case scenario, his daughter too, which he would try not to do at first, but he knew himself when it comes to you, he might just lose control.

You were tossing and turning on the bed, unable to sleep. It was only natural, it's a new place, you are used to your own bed and bedroom. Even if Namjoon was kind enough to let you stay at his place, you're yet to get familiar with the house, even if you were to live here for a few days.

A soft thud made you a bit alert and your body tensed up, you felt sweat beads forming on your forehead and your throat went dry. You knew Namjoon was workoholic and he must be staying up late working. That must be where the sound came from, you thought.

But then why did the energy around you change suddenly? Why were you getting this restless and eery feeling?

You got out of the bed. It was a bit windy outside, you could tell it was gonna rain soon. You were suddenly craving hot chocolate in the middle of the night, probably because of the weather, you convinced yourself.

But the truth was, you were curious about that subtle thud and in the guise of making hot chocolate for yourself you could check it out.

You went out of your room and it was hard to see anything in the dark, you tried to find the switchboard or anything that turned on these lights.

Namjoon's house was huge and beautiful but only when the lights were on, right now it looked like a big abandoned haunted house, with random pieces of artworks and paintings hanging or sitting here and there, everywhere.

While trying to find the switchboard you almost tripped over something but you noticed a figure swiftly running towards one of the windows near the kitchen.

You felt like your heart fell down to your stomach.
"Na- Namjoon? Is that you?"

You didn't get a reply and hesitantly went towards the kitchen window.

"Who is it?" You asked again, getting nearer.

Taehyung was holding back his breath, trying his best not to get caught by you or anyone for that matter. He was here to see you and talk to you and convince you to come with him but not like this, something told him that seeing him here like this would only make you more angry.