Chapter 41

Tender touch

"An angel, a soul full of love, a princess, a sunshine, a beloved daughter, a treasure of a best friend, the love of my life rests here."

You smiled looking at the engraving. Jungkook had this written. Atop her resting place, a branch from the cherry blossom tree nearby provided her shed

"Sorry I haven't been able to come here. Everything is so hard." You sobbed, as you sat in front of Jina's gravestone.

Ever since Jina's death, you visited her burial often. You hadn't been able to for a few days. You came here and just talked to her, telling her everything. Whining and complaining to her, just like you used to.
The only difference was you couldn't hear her sassy replies and disappointed sighs anymore.

But you did feel her presence and that was more than enough.

"But there's one thing that keeps me a little sane among all of this. I met someone. His name is Namjoon. And he's just- he's so, ugh. I don't even know how to describe him." You said, ruffling your hair.

"Oh wait, I have his picture." You pulled your phone out and held it in front of Jina's gravestone.

"See? Isn't he cute?"

A gush of wind brush past you, agreeing with you. Jina agreed with you.

"This is his daughter. Her name's Sohee. And she's such a wonderful little kid. She let me play with her Barbie dollhouse set. Can you believe that? She's an absolute angel." You said, pointing at Sohee who was sitting on Namjoon's lap.
"She looks like him too."

Another gush of wind brushed past your shoulder, hitting it hard. That's what Jina would do when she would be annoyed.

"What? You think I'm hitting on a married man?" You chuckled. "Yes, I am." You teased.

The wind blew furiously.

"Calm down, of course I'm not hitting on a married man." You said. "He- he's widowed."

And everything around you came to a halt. Pin-drop silence.

"Yes. She couldn't make it, while giving birth." Your eyes slightly brimmed with tears but you wiped it off.

"He's a great man. And yesterday umm.... Yesterday we kissed. So HE LIKES ME BACK, JINA. HE LIKES ME TOO." You squealed in excitement. "I think I'm in love with him."

The cherry blossom tree celebrated with you, drowning you in petals and you laughed.

"When all this is over, I'll join you here, right beside you."

-

"Aunty, I'll come back soon. We'll celebrate my birthday together." Sohee buzzed with excitement.

You were back at Namjoon's place and helping Sohee pack her things. She was gonna stay with her Halmeoni for a week.

"Yes, dear. When you get back we'll have a Disney themed birthday, okay?" You said, pulling her cheeks.

"Yes and I'll open a lot of gifts. I love gifts. Yaaayy."

"That's the best part about birthdays, right?"

Sohee nodded enthusiastically.

"I'll buy you a lot of gifts too." You said.

"Aunty-"

"Yes, dear."

"I- I need a gift from you." Sohee said, completely nervous.