The Rotten Couple

I walked into the main hall, looking around to see the people. Jūzō sat on the chair beside the wall, his face unnaturally happy. I walked up to him, my feet stumping from a slight pain I still had.
"Oh, hi~" he said, me not getting even up close to him.
"Hello... um, what is going on?" I asked, noticing there was no one in the room.
"Ah, well, they are doing the new investigation thingy, a new pair of ghouls showed up!"
My voice chords froze, I just came back, and those people were already getting a new case.
"What? What kind of case?" I whimpered, trying to control my shock.
"CCG called them 'The Rotten Couple', they both were identified in the SS criteria."
My heart skipped a beat, I didn't come here to deal with another set of impossible to defeat ghouls, I came here to work with the smaller ones and deal with the cases by mind.
"Okay... are they currently on the investigation?"
"Yeah, they left me here to wait for you, and then they gave a task for us," he seemed too happy, not in a way of the time fighting, not that sadistic grin he always had on his face. He appeared to be childishly happy.
"To work with the investigation itself?"
"Yep!"
I was part happy, part not. I remembered how much I hated this job, everyone seemed gross to me, the elimination of my brothers made me sick to my stomach, but I had no choice, I had to earn money by what I was good at.
"Alright, let's go then..."
We moved to the other room, two floors up. The table covered with the documents looked up at us, Jūzō seeming way too happy. We sat by the desk, Jūzō taking a bunch of threads from the table.
"Were you stitching again?" I asked, getting uncontrollably calm.
"Yeah, is that a problem?" he mumbled, pulling the needle from beneath the desk, looking at it, his eyes full of thought.
"Maybe," I said, looking away from him at the documents, "we need to work, and you're doing stuff we're not supposed to..."
"Ohhh, are you scared of needles? If so I can sew your skin to make your fear vanish!" he smiled playfully.
He was a bit different at times, his personality wasn't too stable, only for the past few months. He became more modest, quiet, and less sadistic. It seemed to be slow, but I could see the changes very fast. He was teasing me though, and it always annoyed me.
"No, let's get back to work, and throw this stuff away..."
"Aw, alright," he took the pen, waiting for me to say what to do.
"Are you left-handed?" I asked, genuinely surprised.
"Oh, this?" he paused, lookin at his hand, "I'm not sure, I always take things in different hands and do stuff with different hands," he smiled. He was trying to seem naive, but I knew it was only an act.
"Okay then-" I wanted to say something, but my train of thought got interrupted by the unorganized documents, that is the numbers of the documents weren't put into order. I hated it.
"What's wrong?" he asked, trying to examine the papers I was looking at.
"They are not in order, who was here before us?" I said with an annoyed voice.
"Oh, me."
"Ugh, okay," I didn't want to get mad again, I didn't have the energy for that.
"Sorry~"
I didn't reply and got straight into work, trying to order the documents. I tried to find the document with the name Suzuya told me, but it seemed it wasn't there.
"Where is the document on them?" I asked, taking in and out all the papers from the folders.
"Oh, they are with me..." he pulled the red folder out of his small backpack, smiling.
"What did you expect to do here without the documents?" I asked, getting very annoyed.
"I don't know, I just thought you needed something else..." his voice getting the high notes of madness it always had.
I opened the folder, two pictures of insanely skinny people appeared before me - the girl with long thin hair and a guy with his bones sticking out of his shoulders.
"Is it them?" I asked.
"Yes," he answered, another type of grin appearing on his face.