Courage to change

No one pov.

The upper moons saw themselves at the Infinity Castle after their previous mission. Akaza hadn't heard anything about Douma ever since that incident. How much time has passed? He wasn't sure, but it was more than two months. He was greeted by Gyokko as usual, and ignored him like he always did. Nothing seemed to change. He saw Daki and Gyutaro talking at distance, and Kokushibo talking quietly to Nakime. But...where was Douma? For half a second, Akaza felt...worried...

,,Cut it out! Of course I want him dead! He stole my rank after all!" he thought, clearing his mind.

,,Upper moons, Muzan-sama has arrived..." Nakime spoke.

Then, Muzan appeared in front of all of them. At first, his eyes grew bigger when he saw Nakime and Kokushibo talking to each other(Kokushibo x Muzan shippers, please don't kill me! But I ship him with Nakime!), but quickly changed the subject about an unusual subject. He actually praised all of them about how well they've done recently and that the number of demon slayers killed was so much higher than before.

,,Keep up the good work. For the first time, you made me...satisfied..."

The last word, however, was spoken slowly, but not slow enough for the others to not hear. He continued:

,,But...Douma..."

Douma then, out of nowhere, said:

,,Yes, Muzan-sama?"

,,Wait...SINCE WHEN WAS HE HERE?! He...didn't say hello to anyone..." thought Akaza, fully surprised by Douma's appearence. 

Something was odd. His voice, was no longer cheerful like it usually was. He seemed stressed. Panicked. And the feeling of panic grew bigger when he saw Akaza. 

,,I heard something, about your feelings. Come by my office in about an hour. You all are dismissed..."

And with that, Muzan vanished. 

Douma looked around a little more, his face cheering up when he saw his beloved children. He walked up to them, and greeted them happily.

,,Hellooooooooooo!! How is it going????"

Daki was a little creeped out by Douma's weird acting, but said nothing about it. They kept chatting and talking about how to get stronger and stuff.

Meanwhile, Akaza kept looking at them, with disgust on his face. Disgust and something else, a feeling he didn't recognise.  He felt the urge to...punch Douma's head off. He never wanted to see Douma suffer more than now. He felt like he needed to teach him not to mess with other's feelings. Like his own one's were once broken. He walked up to Douma and without saying a word, he smashed his head off.

,,HEY!! What was that for?!" asked Gyutaro angry. 

,,Just forget about it. He doesn't care about you. He never did."

,,And how do YOU know that??" asked Daki, just as angry as her brother.

Silence took over that platform.

,,I just...know." said Akaza, breaking the silence.

Only then, he noticed that Douma's head hasn't regenerated. 

Douma stood up, his head only then regenerating. He looked Akaza in the eyes with a deadly gaze. For the first time in his life, Douma's smile faded. He had a serious, angry expression.

He caught Akaza by the neck, shocking the lower rank demon. 

,,How do you know anything? I wouldn't give a damn about you, if you died, to be honest. I love Daki and Gyutaro with all my heart..."

,,If only you would have one..." muttered Akaza under his breath.

,,How dare you..."

With that, he smashed Akaza's jaw off with full force.

,,How dare you talk to me like that?! Remember...who are your superiors, Akaza..." 

Akaza just looked away, shocked and somehow sad.  He could feel tears forming in the corner in his eyes. Daki and Gyutaro were also speechless.

,,No, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!" 

He couldn't cry at a time like this. Why was he crying in the first place? Before realizing what he had just done, Akaza just flew away. 

Douma covered his own mouth, shocked at what he said to his ,,friend".

Daki tried talking to him, but it was hopeless. Douma was running through the forest with insane speed, not sure where he was going. Not that it mattered...

Word count: 601 

Your welcome!