2

I wince as my back hits the cold concrete floor beneath me. "You worthless piece of shit kid" my father grumbled as he staggered towards me. The lingering smell of alcohol filling the air. "You made me do this, this is your fault" he slurred as he drew his fist like a sword. I pressed my now bruised back against the wall, as if I would magically phase through it. I wait, for his rough hands to strike my fragile skin. Nothing happens. Suddenly out of the silence a piercing, loud alarm rings in my ears.

I sit up, a gasp escaping from my lips. I search the room for my father, relief enveloping my now sweating body. It was just a stupid nightmare. I turn towards my nightstand, wincing in pain as the light of my alarm clock stares back. 5 am.

A groan escapes as I sleepily making my way towards the bathroom. I grimace at my reflection, my long brown hair tangled, dried tears wrapped around my neck and my once beautiful brown eyes, bloodshot. Usually I'd care, but today I couldn't give a fuck.

Out of nowhere a feeling of complete and utter despair creeps up on me. My knees begin to give way as loud sobs escape. There's so much I don't know, god fucking dammit I need my mom. She would know what to do right now.

I drag my tired body to the couch and flop down. I feel as though the couch may swallow me whole. A part of me wished it would.

*********

After a day of wallowing, trapped on my couch, I decide I need to feel something. Anything but this. My mind wanders to the millions of vices, settling on the safest bet. Alcohol.

I slip on a dress that my mom would not approve. She's not here anymore, I don't care. I begin to Brush my tangled hair, wincing in pain with each attempt. My mind wanders over everything that's happened, realisation hasn't quite hit me yet. I hope it Never does. A part of me is worried it'll be like set in stone? If I can distract myself enough then everything will be ok.

I move to the bathroom and cover my dark bags with concealer that probably went out of date years ago. I've never really been a makeup girl but hey, there's a first time for everything.

*********

The cool evening air caresses my cheek as I walk down to the bar, fake ID in hand. Excitement and anxiety courses through me. Lavenders brother gave me this last year and I thought I'd never use it. I guess I'm trying lots of new things today.

"Two shots of vodka please" I ask the bartender. Is that what I'm supposed to say? I've never been to a bar before. The man smiles all-knowingly and for a second I think I've blown it. "Here ya go" he says, winking. Weirdo.

The warm burn of the vodka settles at the back of my throat. All of a sudden I feel light, as if I could float my way out of here. As quick as it started, it was over. I come crashing back to reality when the stool next to me screeches against the concrete floor. A girl with long blonde hair, ocean blue eyes and soft red lips, curled into a smile fills the empty space.

—-

A/N: Sorry to anyone who read the last version of this chapter, I decided to take this story in another direction. It's still terrible so I'm sorry about that lmao, any feedback is very appreciated :)