17

Evie's POV:

As soon as I left Taylor's it felt like everything went wrong. The driver, Tomas, got caught in heavy traffic and then by the time I made it to mine I only had 2 hours to myself. I attempted to pack a bag but I kept get waves of emotions that paralysed me. I thought I was over this.

Now I'm sat on the floor with tears running down my cheeks. There's just so many big emotions and I don't know what to do with them all! I've thought about calling Tay but I know she's really busy. I sniffle, grabbing a chair to help me stand. I can do this, I just have to keep it together for two hours.

*********

"Miss, are you alright?" Tomas asks from the front seat. "Oh! Yes" I reply, plastering on a smile. I've gotten good at that. "Ok, we're here, do you need me to help you carry anything?" Tomas questions, getting out of the car. "Uhm yes please" I say, stepping onto the ground. "Ok miss" Tomas says in his neutral tone.

"EVIE! I missed you darling" Tay says, enveloping me in a soft hug. "I missed you to" I reply into her cardigan. "How was your day?" She asks. "It was ok" I reply. A total lie. "Are you sure? You look very drained" Tay says, searching my face. I lose it. Tears drift their way down to the floor as I collapse into her arms.

"Sh sh, I've got you" Taylor whispers as she lifts me to the sofa. "Tell me what you're feeling" Taylor asks softly. "I don't know, everything just feels wrong" I mumble. "Oh darling" Taylor says, gently scratching my back. "How can I help you?" Taylor asks, lifting my chin so my gaze meets hers. "Literally you just existing helps so much" I laugh between tears. The kind of laugh that everyone can see through. Taylor just smiles sympathetically, drawing me in for a hug. Every grip on not regressing I had before is loosened and I feel so small against the weight of the world.

I lean into her soft clothes, nuzzling into her. "I love you mama" I whisper and feel Taylor tense and for a moment I think I've ruined everything. I look up at her face and see hot tears spilling down her cheeks. "Oh- I'm sorry" I ramble. "These are happy tears sweetheart, you don't know how much that means to me, I'm so proud to be your mama" she says, making my body relax. I cup her face, wiping away her tears. "You're the best mama I could ever ask for" I whisper. "Oh god, your making me cry even more...I love you my sweet Angel" Taylor responds, kissing my forehead.

—-
A/N: A short lil chapter for you all :p