5

It's been three days since Taylor came over and I haven't stopped thinking about her once. Her smile that lights up my darkest days and, her safe, warm arms. I've thought about messaging her again and again, but the moment never seemed right. Today, though, something felt different. It felt right.

I carefully type her number into my phone, as if it's the most precious thing.

Me: Hi! It's Evie :)

Taylor: ...

A smile pulls at the corners of my mouth and I realised how much I'd missed her.

Taylor: Hi Evie! I was worried I'd given you the wrong number 😅

Me: Oh sorry!! I wasn't sure whether to message you haha

Taylor: It's totally fine, don't worry 🤣 How have you been?

I wonder whether I should tell her the truth or if  I'll sound attention seeking. I settle for the better option, be vague.

Me: I've been ok, how have you been?

Taylor: Good! I wanted to ask, would you like to come over to mine? You can meet the girls (my cats) and we can chat over dinner or something?

Me: I'd love that!!

Taylor: Awesome, how does 5:30pm on Saturday work? I'll send you my address.

Me: Perfect!

My cheeks burned as I smiled so hard I thought I might actually combust. And if I did manage to combust I felt like someone would miss me, she would.

The rest of the day flew by as I cheerfully went through my tasks. It's been a long time since I've felt like this. That light floaty feeling, like everything might just be alright.

It only lasted so long when my phone lit up, lavender filling the screen. Lavender began quickly speaking "Hey Evie, how are you going? Sorry I haven't come over, I know you like your space". "Hi, it's totally fine...sorry I didn't text you or anything, a lot has been going on" I say with an apologetic smile. "It's cool girl, you seem to be happy...are you actually happy cuz I read this thing that people get all happy when they are gunna kill them-" I roll my eyes before cutting her off "Lav, stop it, I'm not going to kill myself" I say, this time genuinely.

We talked for hours until the sun set, like we used to. Just me and her, wrapped up in our own little world, talking through the screen. "Alright, it's getting late and I'm gunna have to sleep now, byeee Evie I love youu" Lav said, blowing kisses to the screen. "Night Lav, I love you to" I whisper, hanging up the call.

I lay back in my soft bed, a smile glued to my lips. I can do this, I can keep going.