4

Warm sun kisses my cheek as my soft blankets coax me to stay in bed. The memories of yesterday linger like perfume. I cradle Taylor's denim jacket in my arms, breathing in her scent. I kept it in hope that maybe, just maybe, she would come back for it.

The floor creaks as I stumble to the kitchen and sleepily begin making my coffee. It's become a ritual at this point. Pour, mix, pour, mix. Exactly how mum used to make it.

Suddenly a wet cement feeling coats my entire body. My knees buckle beneath me as hot tears pour down my face. My mug smashes onto the tiles, splintering my legs. Blood begins to drip down to my feet. I wanted to hurt everything, I wanted to feel that pain again and again.

Before I have a chance to move, a knock at the door startles me. Excruciatingly, I make my way to the door and look through the keyhole. Taylor. Every part of me wants to run and pretend I'm not here, but deep down I know I can't be alone right now.

The door slowly opens and I peek my head around the door, hiding my bloody legs. Taylor smiles "Hey! I just came to see how your doing" she says cheerfully. Her smile begins to fade as she notices my red eyes and tear stained cheeks. "I'm alright, uh...you left your jacket here do you want me to grab it?" I mumble quickly. "Oh, yes that'd be great, Are you ok?" She asked softly. "Yeah, sorry, I've just had a shitty morning" I reply, contemplating whether or not to tell her about my legs. As if the universe made the decision for me, the wind picked up and the door swung open.

I stand there, grimacing at her sad expression. Great, she probably thinks I'm fucking crazy. "Oh sweetheart..." Taylor says, approaching me. I flinch, expecting her to yell at me. But, instead she pulls me into a warm embrace. "What happened, hun?" She asks, rubbing gentle circles on my back. "Th-the cup- and then I fell and-" I manage, every word feeling like knives in the back of my throat. "Oh you poor thing, can I clean you up? I don't want you get any more injured" Taylor says, sitting me on the couch.

A tingling, light feeling surfaced within me and suddenly I felt so scared. All I wanted to do was crawl into Taylor's arms and never leave. Hot tears begin to fall again as Taylor crouches down in front of me. "It isn't to deep so we don't have to go to the hospital" she says, applying plasters to my cuts. "I'm so sorry Taylor..." I manage to whisper. "Oh don't be! I'm just glad I got here when I did" Taylor replied, with a caring smile. "Me to" I sigh. I don't know what I would of done and honestly, that terrifies me.

"I don't want to overstep or anything, but what's going on? You don't have to tell me at all-" Taylor rambled. "It's ok! I guess i owe you an explanation, um...my mum died about two weeks ago and I obviously haven't been dealing well with it" I say, beginning to choke up. "Oh hun...that's awful, c'mere" she said, wrapping her strong arms around me. "I want you to know that, you don't have to go through this alone, I will always be there if you need, here I'll give you my number so you can contact me whenever, ok?" Taylor said, writing her number on my hand. "Thank you" I manage as tears threatened to escape once again, but this time, they were happy tears. Someone cared about me.