9

Taylor's POV:

My hand softly traced Evie's back as she lay, snuggled up to my chest. A smile crept its way to my lips as I looked down at the girl. Her thumb gently bobbing in her mouth with her beautiful long brown hair wrapped around her cheek. I had no Idea why she was acting like a child, but I didn't care. If it helps her, especially with her mum gone, I'm happy.

I've only known Evie for a few weeks now and I'd let her ruin all of my days. She means the world to me and I truly do believe that maybe, just maybe, fate brought us together. Something makes me want to protect her, wrap my arms around her and just hold her.

Evie began to stir in my arms as her big brown eyes looked up at me. "Morning sweet girl" I coo, earning a smile. "Are you hungry? I can order some food?" I question, unsure if I'll get a response. Alas she nods furiously with a tiny pout. God she's so precious. "Ok hun, what would you like? Or I can just order pizza again?" I ask, pulling up uber eats. "Pizza" Evie says matter of factly.

After the both of us make it down stairs, I sat Evie on the couch. The poor girl was so pale and looked ruined. "How about we watch one of your favourite movies?" I ask, wrapping a soft, warm blanket around her. She simply nodded in response, leaning close to me. I haven't hugged someone like this in years and, it felt nice.

As much as I enjoyed it, I couldn't stop thinking about what on earth I'm going to do. Evie is obviously in no state to be alone right now, but surely she has friends or family that are wondering where she is. For gods sake she ran off from her mothers funeral. "Tay door" Evie said, pulling me from my thoughts. "Oh thank you honey" I replied, ruffling her hair as I stood up.

We watched 'The Little Mermaid' as we ate, Evie needing my help every now and then. Eventually her eyes began to close and she lay her head in my lap. Soft snores filled the room as I stroked her silky hair. A feeling of complete and utter happiness emerged within me, as if a part of me had been completed. I knew everything would be ok, as long as I had my girl by my side.

—-

A/N: Hshjvcuvcl sorry this is so bad 😭