˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 1 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[George]

 ~20 September 1930, Friday~

Song: In The Mood, Glenn Miller

(I think this chapter is shit. I'll probably change it later.) 

˚₊‧ ꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"We should have left half an hour ago! I'm going to miss the bus if we don't speed up," 

"You'll make it," My mother reassures me.

I bump into a grumpy-looking man. "Shit, sorry," I call after him.

"Watch your language, Edmund," She's close behind me, holding Betty's hand. "Sorry Mother. And don't call me Edmund. You know I don't like it when you do so,"

Running as fast as we can to the train station is exhausting. The bus will leave in about ten minutes and I still have to say goodbye to everyone.

My three brothers are right behind me, while my mother and little sister are falling a bit behind them.

I overslept this morning and barely had any time to eat breakfast. I'm still hungry so I guess I'll have to eat on the bus.

My suitcase seems to get heavier the longer I'm carrying it. Even though it doesn't contain that much. The academy only allows very little. 

We have to wear a uniform, which consists of; black pants, a white blouse with a green sweater or waistcoat. They also gave us a hoodie, but I'm wearing that right now. We are allowed to bring a few sets of clothes for the holidays. 

I run across the street, cars beeping their horns and people shouting. The train station is only one block away. I pick up my pace, dodging people and muttering a quick sorry to the few I do bump into.

The train station is packed. We have to get to the other side in under two minutes. Fuck.

"Hey! Wait up!" My little brother Jake yells.

My older brother, Robert is nearly ahead of me. He finished school last year. We were still in New York back then. We just moved to England over the summer. The change was difficult but, good. Now that dad has a new job we have a bit more money, making it possible for me to go to school. The downside is that he's barely at home. He used to work days back in America, and he would make time for us in the evening, but now he works nights and comes home tired and falls asleep on the couch. I haven't spoken to him in weeks.

Luckily, when we arrive at the right platform, the bus is still there. The people here are mostly students, some already in uniform, others still in their 'normal' clothes.

The bus's engine starts and within milliseconds nearly everyone on the platform practically runs towards them.

"Well then, goodbye baby brother," Robert says.

"Say that one more time and I'll throw you under the bus. Besides you're just three years older than me" reply, trying to sound threatening.

"They grow up so fast," He continues, shedding a fake tear. "Fuck you," I turn around to my two younger brothers. "Please do hit him while I'm away," 

Tim, the oldest of the two, pulls me into a hug. He is two years younger than me but, still taller. "I'm going to miss you," Jake, who is twelve, joins the hug. "Bye,"

We pull back and I crouch down, opening my arms. Betty runs into me, nearly knocking me back. 

"Please don't go," Her eyes begin to water," Don't worry. I'll write letters to you every month. And I'll be back before you know it." She lets me go and I stand up, hugging my mother. "Bye Mother,"