˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 8 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[George]

~26 October 1930, Saturday~

T.W: Kind of graphic explanation of wounds

˚₊‧꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

The morning after the Toyugua game was filled with talk about the last score. Jack and Nate are fully conversing about it, while I sit beside them quietly. The rest of the guys haven't arrived yet.

"That goal he made,"

"It will go down in history!" They both annoy me with being over-dramatic since I don't like it. They continue their game of pestering me until Henry walks in and sits down. James, Chris, Alejandro and Thomas sit across from us and begin to eat their breakfast.

"Are we going to start the project today?" I look up from my plate and ask James. "Sure," He shrugs. He is not paying any attention. Is he really that lazy?

More and more students come into the Hall and when we can't hear each other anymore because of other people talking, we move to one of the lounge rooms. "What do you mean?" Luca and Jack are having a conversation and I can't help but listen. "I mean, how can it be that-" Before he can finish his sentence, Thomas bursts in. "There's a fight outside," That piques our interest and we run after him. 

There is indeed a fight going on. This time a few second years. "No William," Nate states, disbelieve in his eyes. "No way. That's a first," Chris answers, keeping track of who hits where. The boy in red hits the boy in blue with a book, "No way," and the boy in blue kicks him in the shin. This goes on for about five minutes, them hitting and kicking each other. Teachers pull them apart and we groan. "That was the good part!" Thomas seems sad, just like everyone else. These people are weird. And mad.

On our walk back, we find out through Dexus that he heard from Beutre he said that Hennay saw that the fight was about a textbook. "How do you keep track of that?" I ask, looking back at the kid who told us. "If you're here long enough, you'll learn. Most people tell things with a detour," Jack replies. The fire in the lounge rooms is nice in place of the cold corridors. I plop down on a sofa and lean on Jack, who pushes me back with a laugh. "I'll see you in an hour at my dorm," James says, before walking back out the doors with Chris. This guy. I swear. Does he not think that I have other things on my planing? He's only thinking about himself. How does Chris keep up with his bullshit? He's annoying and self-centred and never does anything.

"You okay, George?" Henry looks at me worriedly, "Yeah, why?" I sit up and look in his direction. "You've been glaring at the door for the past seven minutes," Now a few others have turned as well, "Oh, sorry," I say, trying to hide my embarrassment. "I think I'm going to the library," Standing up quickly I walk out the door, the group laughing behind me. I can feel my face reddening, just because why I was staring at the door. 

"Good morning Aurora," I walk inside the warm library, the old woman hopping down from her chair at the desk. She puts down a book and greets me.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" "I just want to get my mind off certain things," Emphasis on things. "Of course, dear. You can help me put away a few books. After, you can help me dust off the shelves," She walks to the back, "I'll make some tea. What flavour do you want?"

"Strawberry. Do you have any honey with that?" She nods and walks off. I get to work and get started on the first box. Aurora walks in a few minutes later, holding two mugs of steaming tea. "Here you go, dear,"