˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 13+ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[James]

~24 December 1930, Saturday~

Playlist: OLSL*: Angst Playlist

*(OLSL stands for Our Little Secret: Loveless)

[Hey everyone, the end of this chapter is going to be very dark. T0rtur3, Starv1ng, g0re, su1c1dal thoughts, Rap3 and child/baby death will be returning topics in this. I want you all to feel comfortable and safe. So if you don't want to read this, please don't.]

Because su1c1dal thoughts (No attempts) and overall dark shit is included in this, I want you to be extra sure that you want to read this. It won't be anything big, just a minor mention. Just know that you are loved.

Su1c1de helplines:
Uk: 08006895652
USA: 988

T.W. (beginning of Chapter): Starv!ng, Abvse, Pan!c attack

˚₊‧ ꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Why didn't they give the Friday off?" Chris sits on my bed, while I pack my bags for the holiday. As Maguarians, we don't celebrate Christmas. Our year count is the same as the one of the humans, and we celebrate that. We dance and do rituals. At least, that is what we did back in Magua. Now on Earth some still do the traditions but, my family stopped doing that years ago.

Chris' bags stand by my front door, as he had carried them with him. I'm still busy packing my socks and shirts when he stands up. "The train leaves in half an hour. We still have to have breakfast and say goodbye to the part of the group that stays here,"

I finish packing and grab my two suitcases. We find our way to the Great Hall. Only a few others roam the Halls.

The Great Hall is full of students, some with bags, some without. It takes twice the amount of time to find our friends. Jack has to stand on one of the benches and shout our names for us to see them. It takes even longer to get to them, as we nearly trip over the bags and other students.

I sit down next to Henry. I have gone from eating barely anything to nothing in the past few days. I haven't eaten anything in twenty-four hours. "James, please eat an egg. You'll need it," Chris pleads, sitting next to me. I take do as he asks and put an egg on my plate, to make him happy. I try to eat it, but the feeling of throwing up kicks in. I didn't eat much the past month and knowing what's going to happen makes me sick. I poke at the egg, eating a small bite. Chris looks at me for a moment, "It's okay, you tried," He smiles softly. I smile back, but all I feel inside is sadness.

The bell rings and the headmistress stands up. "If all the students who leave for the holidays would move to the bus station, the bus leaves in fifteen minutes," She sits back down and students start to rush around.

Chris, Jack, Nate, Luca, Alejandro and I stand up. We say goodbye to the others who are staying here -Thomas, Henry and George - and walk to the entrance of the Great Hall.

A few first-years run past us, nearly hitting us with their bags. I try to laugh at a joke Jack tells us but, I can't.

The bus's engine is heard from the pathway. The others begin to speed up, making it easier to move forward.

The station is packed, and we have to move to one of the back buses to even get inside. We step in and try to find a place to sit. Opening a door we see an empty compartment. The bags are shoved on the racks and we sit down.