˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 22 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[James]

~22 January 1931, Sunday~

Playlist: OLS:L Chaos Playlist (beginning) / Angst playlist (end)

T.W: Pan!c Attack, small description of wounds

(This is unedited, sorry!)

˚₊‧ ꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ 

The loud noise of the Great Hall is left behind, as the group and I follow Luca to his dorm. Just as we arrive, the stupid git -George-  decides to do as he pleases and leaves to go to Jack and Henry. It's so annoying when people agree to plans and then do something else. 

Luca's dorm is like mine, except for his own added touch. There is parchment filled with ink -probably written down prank ideas- strewn around everywhere and his bed is unmade. Besides that, it's pretty clean and tidy. The few family pictures on the wall add to the homely feeling.

Once we're all settled down, and Luca and Thomas finally stop fooling around, the real shit begins. We all sit in a circle on the floor, Nate standing in the middle while he tries to explain his 'Most Likely To Not Fail Masterpiece Of A Plan' and we're trying not to laugh. 

"I'm serious! If we blow up multiple things at once, a lot more teachers will be needed to help, which means we can blow up even more shit!" He happily nods, while we stare at him. "What kind of stupid ass plan is that?" After a few too-long seconds of excruciating silence, Alejandro finally decides to speak up. 

"Alejandro is not allowed to help blow up said shit." 

Sounds of protests fill the room, mostly Alejandro's. Mostly only Alejandro's. He throws hands and glares at Nate, who innocently smiles back.

"What are we even going to blow up?" Luca asks, seemingly interested in the stupid idea. "Dunno. Toilets? Dorms? Classrooms?" Luca thinks for a while, weighing his options, while the rest carefully looks at him. 

"How about the fountain?" 

~⚝~ 

We've never blown up a water source that large, so we don't know how it'll turn out. I lean over Chris' shoulder, who is trying to dismember the little device we use to blow up toilets, to see if it can blow up something else -the fountain- too.

Luca and Thomas are making the plan, considering everything that could happen. I walk over to them, confusion filling me as soon as I see the ink-covered parchment. Random scribbles are set here and there, a few drawings are scattered across the parchment and arrows are pointing to anything and everything. Luca, seeing the confused look on my face, explains what they've thought up. 

"We do need two things to blow up. We got the first one, the fountain, and I think we can just use a toilet for the second. First, we blow up the toilet, as a distraction and so the second part of the plan works," Luca begins to explain, stops when Thomas gasps, stares at the parchment, opens his mouth and stands up, acting like he made the invention to stop world hunger. Luca shrugs it off and talks on. 

What just happened? 

"The second part-" He looks at me again, seeing me look at Thomas. "He probably got an idea. Don't worry, it's normal," Luca smiles reassuringly, nodding along with the words. But what just happened is anything but reassuring. It's demonic. "Anyway, as I was saying, the second part of the plan. We need someone who runs by the fountain and acts like they are going to check up if everything is okay. But instead, they throw the device into the fountain when they run by, and then we watch the chaos unfold," Luca folds his arms behind his head, relaxes into his chair and gives me a smug look.