˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 7 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[James]

~23 October 1930, Wednesday~

Song: Runaway baby, Bruno Mars

T.W: Pan1c attack

˚₊‧꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"James! James, wake up! It's snowing!" I never regretted giving Chris a key as much as I do now. "Please fuck off. You sound like an over-exited toddler," I grumble, turning around. "But it's snowing!" A second voice says. How many people are in here? I crack open one eye and see about four people standing next to me

"What are you doing here?" I pull the covers over my head. Chris drags them off of me and I see that Chris, Thomas, Alejandro and Nate are standing in the doorway, fully dressed and ready to go outside.

"Get dressed. We're having a snowball fight," Alejandro dumps a pair of clothes on my bed. "Don't touch my stuff," I glare at him before he replies, "Don't care," He shrugs. "You have five minutes," They walk out of my room and I get dressed. Today was supposed to be a peaceful day. Not fucking running around in cold ass snow. 

It takes only three minutes for me to get dressed and be dragged to the Great Hall by Thomas. George and Luca are sitting at our normal place, Jack and Henry nowhere to be seen. 

Most of them eat as fast as possible, wanting to go outside. Lots of students are doing the same. The Hall is packed and noisy.

"May I have your attention please?" The headmistress asks. Everyone silences and looks in her direction. 

"Today is the first time snow this year, therefore the lessons of today will be cancelled," People around us begin to cheer, but are quickly silenced again. "Tonight there will be a feast to celebrate this. And tomorrow, a big game of Toyugua will be held. You can sign up for the teams at the library," There will probably be a few rounds since so many people are going to sign up. 

"Furthermore, I want to announce that the fence has been broken. The persons who have done this shall be punished for this. As you all know going outside of school grounds is very dangerous, especially at this time of year. The forest and the lake are full of creatures you can't defeat. Please do not leave the grounds." She finishes. 

Chris and I went outside the grounds a few years back and if you watch out, it's not so dangerous. They're all overreacting. Yes, you can get killed in under five minutes, but if you are prepared then nothing's going to go wrong.

It's cold outside and I wrap my scarf around my neck. We all walk towards the fields, many other students walking in the same direction, the back fields. The back fields are bigger than the others and probably full of snow.

In the last few years, it has become a tradition where there is a big snowball fight with nearly all the students. And a few teachers. 

All of the students and teachers separate into one group. We stand across from each other, grabbing snow and making snowballs. We wait for the whistle to go off, and when it does, chaos erupts. Snow is flying everywhere and if you don't watch out you'll get hit square in the face. I take down a couple of people from the other team and dodge a snowball that comes my way.

A few students gang up on Mr. Feasly, who is completely wet with melted snow. Mrs. Chip stands on the sidelines, watching everything unfold. Mr. Feasly and a few other teachers take revenge on the group. Some other kids back up the group, and now a few dozen students are throwing snowballs at their heads.