˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 9 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[James]

~29 October 1930, Tuesday~

T.W.: small flashback to the last chapter

˚₊‧꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Soft sobs come from the room I walk by. Nobody seems to notice. I take a look. The room is dark and dusty. A copper smell fills my nose. I notice a shadow sitting in the darkness. 

Fucking George.

He sits in a puddle of...

Blood. A puddle of blood. His own to be exact. 

I rush over and kneel next to him. I begin to panic. What do I do? "What happened?" I ask, looking over his wounds. "I don't know," And then he blacks out.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I pick him up, his body limp in my arms. It only takes a moment before I'm sprinting down the halls, people giving me weird looks. He's bleeding and my clothes get soaked. Thick red liquid drips onto the floor, leaving a trail. 

He has a wound at the back of his head and a few cuts on his stomach. He's losing blood even faster and I put pressure on the cuts.

Who did this to him?

He slips in and out of consciousness, opening his eyes for a few seconds before they close again. It takes way too long to get to the Hospital and I can feel him slipping away.

A small whimper comes from his mouth and he's back again for a moment, before blacking out again.

I barge through the doors of the hospital. Nurses and students turn their heads. "Help me, I-I found him in a classroom, he- he's lost too much blood. He has cuts on his stomach and is bleeding from the head. I think he might have- have been blacked out for a few minutes before I found him. He's been slipping in and out of consciousness,"

The nurses signal me over to a bed and I lay him down. They push me away and surround him.

"You did a good job," One of the nurses smiles as she moves me out of the way.

 ~-~

[Present]

"We're going to see George. You coming?"

"Yeah, sure," 

The whole group is standing outside my door and I walk after them. George can leave this morning since he's been in the hospital for two days.

He waves us over, sitting in bed and reading. His head is still bandaged and like the looks of it, his stomach too. "We've come to get you, you little fucker," Luca runs to him, making George scream. He swings his legs off the bed, "Finally, took you way too long," he laughs,

We sign him out and walk to his dorm. Henry opens the door and we launch ourselves onto the couches. Jack and Henry have the same argument they had Saturday, Thomas just feels comfortable with putting his legs over Luca's, and the rest sit on the floor or the beds. 

"So. What happened?" We asked George, who shrugs. "As I told you, fight," He looks away, annoyed. "With whom?" I ask, genuinely wanting to know who did that. For research. "William..." He mutters. Now we're all pissed. William is known for doing shit like this, but he doesn't nearly kill people.