˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 23 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[James]

~23 January 1931, Monday~

˚₊‧ ꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

I haven't even opened my eyes when my body registers the heavy weight on top of me. I blink against the bright light. How was I able to fall asleep like this? What even happened? I stay seated for a while, not opening my eyes and trying to recall last night. 

I don't want to open my eyes, but my eyes shoot open when a soft groan comes from just underneath my chin. What the fuck? I look down and see the blond hair I would recognise anywhere. How-

George seems to wake up too, not fully awake at first. I glare at him and it takes a second or two before he jumps up. He's standing in front of me and I'm still glaring at him when he sits down two seats away from me with a red face. He turns away, swinging his legs over the armrest, so his back is facing me. Not that I mind, I don't want to look at his stupid face right now.

It takes some more thinking for the rest of the night to return. I internally groan when I recall what happened in the bathroom. Great talk that was. I don't think I want to remember what happened after that. 

How did George even end up on top of me? You know what, I'm not even going to think about this. You sure? "Now will you just fuck off?" I softly grumble, probably a bit too loud, because George turns around, giving me a weird look. "I'm fine," I say, gesturing with my hands. He shrugs and turns back to face the other wall. 

The clock on the wall to my left says it's just past six in the morning. Great. Who the fuck wants to wake up this early? 

I'm bored out of my mind and the only thing I can do right now is stare at the wall in front of me. The others must be foolish if they're still not here. It could mean that the teachers are refusing them to come here, or they're just dumb. 

Half an hour later and George is still sitting in the same chair, in the same position and ignoring me. Has he fallen asleep? Meanwhile, I've sat in every chair that there is -as long as it's at least five feet away from George- I've gone as far as nearly sitting upside down on the ceiling if it were possible. And to my annoyance I'm as awake as ever.

I rack my brain for things to do, but nothing comes to mind. The sun is slowly rising outside, casting the room in an orange glow. 

Hurried footsteps come towards us, and I turn my head to where they are coming from. Jack rushes in and stands in front of George. "What are you still doing here?" Then he turns to me. "What are you doing here?" He asks, but before I can reply he's on to the next subject. "Henry went into some kind of surgery. Well, not really surgery, anyway, they patched him up and woke him up, so everything went well and now he's asleep in the recovery room," He quickly says, pointing behind him. George's face lights up, and within seconds he's standing. I stand up too, taking a few steps towards them. "Can we see him?" George asks, practically jumping up and down. "Not right now, as he's still asleep and in recovery," Jack says, and George's excitement slowly dies out. "I'm sure he'll be awake in a few hours. Why don't you go back and get some sleep?" Jack says, patting his shoulder. George nods and turns to me. 

Jack walks away again, as he's the only one allowed to be with Henry right now. "Let's head back, the rest probably want to know more about Henry too," I say, slowly turning around and walking to the door. George catches up with me and together we walk back to the Great Hall. It's around breakfast time, so if we want to find the others, that's the best place to start.