˚₊‧꒰ა CHAPTER 2 ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

[George]

 ~23 September 1930, Monday~

Song: Teenage Dirtbag, Wheatus

˚₊‧ ꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Henry's alarm wakes me up. The clock says it's 6.30 a.m. Way too early if you ask me. While Henry takes a shower I try to get back to sleep. We stayed up late talking yesterday and it's already catching up on me.

The shower stops and after a few minutes, Henry steps out of the bathroom.

"Wake up, George," He says while putting on his shoes. He is already dressed in his uniform. 

"No," I reply, rolling over and facing the wall. I can hear his footsteps moving towards me. Before I know it, I'm being shaken violently, nearly falling out of bed.

"I'm awake! I'm awake! No need to kill me," I practically scream. 

I get up and grab my uniform, walking towards the bathroom. I can hear Henry chuckling. "Fuck off," I tell him in reply.

The warm-ish water wakes me up and before I know it we're back in the Great Hall, eating breakfast next to Jack and Nate.

"Excited?" Jack asks. "No. Nervous," I reply. "Well, besides that, you have to eat something. You can't learn on an empty stomach," Henry tells me.

"Sorry, Mother, but I feel like puking my guts out, so no," I say to him mockingly. "At least eat a piece of toast," He says "Fine,"

Classes start at half past eight, but breakfast is at half past seven, so we have an hour to grab our stuff and get to the classes.

When Henry and I are both grabbing our books and stuff, I'm still extremely nervous.

I have the first period with Henry, so that makes it a bit better. 

We walk towards the main building. It's bigger than the other building, and I haven't been inside yet. First, we have Maguarian History. It's okay, I think. I read some of the books, and they were interesting. 

The halls are full of students and I'm quite happy that I'm with Henry otherwise, I would surely get lost in the maze of halls and classrooms. I step inside the room. It smells like old books, not surprisingly, because books upon books are stacked alongside the walls. Why so many? Not complaining though, it does look cool. We ended up five minutes early and sat down somewhere in the back. There were some others already. The rest of the class started to come in a few moments later. Henry and I talk for a bit before someone walks over to us.

"You're in my seat, " He says.

I turn around and see the same boy from yesterday. His hair is in a braid this time, but his eyes look darker, colder. "We don't have assigned seats yet," I reply and turn back to Henry.

"I've sat here for the past seven years. Move," He says in a cold tone. 

But at least I know his age now. He's 19 or something.

"No," I reply, matching his tone. He's very different to when I met him a few nights back. I wonder why. Some guys stand behind him, probably his friends.

We end up in some kind of staring match. Until I decide it's not worth it and move to the next row with Henry. I can hear a few guys, not his friends, snickering behind me. They are not the same guys from the Great Hall, however. Thinking about them probably summons them, three of the five walk in and sit at the other side of the room. "What ya looking at? Nothing to see here," One of them sneers, looking me up and down.