Chapter Eleven

Maxine

My head pounds with each beat of my heart. There's chirping of birds coming from somewhere. I open my eyes and let my vision focus back to my surroundings. One thing is clear. I'm not back with the pack in New York. 

There are no lights on but lots of sunlight coming in through the window. I'm on some sort of cot with a thin bed sheet that's wrapped around my legs. I'm not in my normal clothes either.  I look to be wearing Black leggings and a green  cropped shirt. There's a white zip up hoodie on the bedside table next to me. 

Suddenly I realize that  the room is in a tear drop shape and it was all made thick vines. There's a curtain of leaves out by what I presumed to be the door. Then I realize the light wasn't coming from a window it was coming through the small cracks in the vines. 

It's beautiful and defiantly better then my den. There's no one else in the room but there is noise coming from outside. I swing my feet out of the bed and get up to walk over to the curtain of leaves. I push them aside and look out. 

Woah!!! What I'm looking at is like something from a fairy tale! I look up and see that the room I'm in is dangling from a tree! Did I shrink? How is that possible?  As I look around I notice all the other rooms are just like mine except mine has a jewel on top of it...Weird.

 I also notice that they all have bridges that connect all the rooms from tree to tree. They look to be made of long wooden logs strung together by vines. People are walking, having conversations and they looked to be having a great time. Little kids of all ages and adults were roaming around like any ordinary day. 

For the couple of moments I'm in shock by the beauty but then I remember how I  got here. Collin running after me calling out my name. The pain and fear on his face is stamped into my brain and it won't leave. The feeling of being tricked and drugged. I remember  there was a boy. The boy that held Collin down and said something around the lines of a deal being struck. 

All the sudden the outdoors doesn't seem safe and things start spinning rapidly. I almost fall out of the room but someone pulls me back by my hair

"CARFUL!" They shout. 

It sounds like a female around my age. Now that I think about it, it sounds like the girl that held that knife to my throat- WAIT A MINUTE THAT IS THE SAME GIRL!!

I spin around to stare at the girl behind me. She has bright blue eyes and brown hair that's pulled back into two braids that look to have a little vines twisted into it along with some flowers. Her ears are pointed too- hold up. Humans don't have pointed ears and neither do the werewolves. The only other possibility is that she's a fairy! 

"You know it's rude to stare right?" she asks with an unimpressed look on her face. 

I shake my head and blink trying to evert her eyes. 

"Yeah, I do." I respond.  

It was the quickest reply I could come up with at the moment. She tried to kill me earlier, plus she drugged me and basically kidnapped me to where ever this is. She doesn't deserve an apology. 

"Look I get you're probably scared and worried about your friend back home but this is you're new home so get used to it." She says standing up and brushing off her jean shorts. 

If I'm understanding this correctly she is expecting me to just be okay with this "New home" when I don't even know where I am, who she is or what's going on?! 

"Wait!" I exclaim getting up and turning to look at her before she leaves. She turns around to face me with a raised eye brow that seemed to be saying 'get on with it.'

" W-where am I? Who are you? What do you want with me?" I ask in a rushed voice to try and get it out before she leaves the room.  One corner of her mouth twitches and she looked suddenly happier. 

"You're in the fairy colony and I'm the one and only Tiffany." She reply's with a smirk. 

Fairy Colony? What the heck is a Fairy Colony? She answered who she was but she still hasn't answered why I'm here. 

"And what do you want with me exactly?" I ask getting slightly irritated. 

"You'll see in time." She states dryly. 

She's starting to sound like Axel to be honest. It's also pushing my buttons of patience. 

"You were asleep for two days, we were getting worried you know." She looks like she cared but her tone told me otherwise.  I decide not to respond. 

"You don't have to talk and I'd prefer you don't but you do need to grab that white zip up hoodie and follow me." She says giving the zip-up a glance. 

I'm not about to trust my kidnapper. That's the worst choice I could possibly make. I stand my ground to let her know I'm saying no. 

"Look you don't have any reason to believe me, but there is one part of that old myth thats true. Fairies can't lie. Ever. So trust me when I say this. We are going to meet one of your parents." 

HA! Did she think I was stupid?! My parents died in a fire when I was 5. I've been with the pack ever since. 

"Nice try but my parents are dead. Besides I'm a werewolf not a fairy." I say sternly. 

She just starts laughing. "Is that the pathetic lie they told you to cover it up?!" 

Okay now I'm confused. What Lie? My parents are dead, I watched my dad die in front of me before I ran off. 

"Oh wow your not joking- they actually made you believe that? Damn, must be hard thinking you're an orphan." She states. She seems shocked but pleased at the same time. 

"I watched my dad die in front of my own eyes. I know they're dead. Don't tell me otherwise." I snap.

"Okay I won't tell you, but what if I show you?" she asks while grinning and theres a sparkle in her eyes that wasn't there a moment ago. 

How the hell can you show people the dead? Is it part of the magic shit they can do? Then again...Fairies can't lie... so does that mean- They're alive?! I feel my eyes widen and she smiles. 

"Common, let's go meet the queen." She says as I follow her into the outdoors.