!M! ☁️| Rest | Shoto Todoroki| 🖐️

Requested by RedactedDarlin. Overworked reader comfort. 

TW/CW: none

Apologies for the late publish, had finals and everything else. Hopefully it's up to standard. 

________________________________________________________________________________

2:46 AM, the clock on your dash read as you pulled into your drive. 

Shit... You hadn't meant to be that late getting home, especially since you had told Shoto you'd try to be home by 10. But your job wasn't going to do itself, and some of your team members had left without finishing their own tasks. This left you to do those tasks for them; if you hadn't then the morning shift would be blowing up your phone in about 3 hours. Sighing, you gathered your things and made your way to the house. 

You tried to be quiet as you unlocked the door and entered your home. The lamp in the hall was on, casting  a soft light in the space. Shoto must've turned it on so you wouldn't trip over things when you came home. You set your bag on the nearby table and slowly slid your shoes off, feet aching. Your back protested as you leaned over, feeling stiff and tired. You didn't have the energy to take off your coat: that would require too much arm movement and you'd had enough of that for one night. Feet dragging across the hardwood floor, you went into the living room to ensure that your boyfriend hadn't tried to wait up on you. 

The TV was playing quietly, repeating the news from the day before. Over the back of the couch, you could barely see Shoto's red and white hair peaking out. You went around to the coffee table and turned off the tv before turning back to your boyfriend. He was sleeping, quiet snores leaving his lips. His features were softened and his hair hung limply over some parts of his face. Red strands framed the scar on his face, the edges having softened and the angry red hue had begun to fade slightly. There was the slightest hint of shadows under his eyes, a result of his attempts to stay up and wait for you for the past few days. You felt a small pang of guilt over this, silently cursing yourself for always getting stuck at work later and later. 

Deciding to let him rest awhile longer, you started towards the kitchen, hoping to scrounge up a bite to eat: someone had taken your break food from the fridge and the nearby restaurant and cafe were closed. Guilt racked your brain once more when you spotted the settings at the table, and again when you found the uneaten leftovers in the fridge. You muttered a few obscenities out loud before grabbing a bowl to reheat. You nearly dropped it when you heard shuffling behind you. 

"Mmrm... Babe? What're you doing?" Shoto mumbled, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "What... time is it?"

"Uhm... 3?"

"AM? Did you just get home?" 

"Yeah..." you responded quietly, setting the bowl of leftovers on the counter. "I'm sorry, Sho, I really tried to get home at a decent time, but Justine and Korra didn't do their things and just dipped on me, and Hori would have my head if I didn't have everything done, and the other floor manager left early, and I just-"

"Y/N, darling, please. Breathe for a moment, it's ok," Shoto had now crossed the room and placed a hand on your shaking shoulder. "I'm not upset, I get it. But you do need to take it easier on yourself. You haven't slept more than 4 hours all week. Don't look at me like that, you know I'm right." His heterochromatic eyes searched yours, worry evident in them. His expression was nearly as blank as it usually was, but there was an ever so slight furrow to his brow and the corners of his lips were shifted downwards.