!N! 💖| Something to Tell You| Hanta Sero

TW/CW: none?

A/N: This one is a little short, and might not be so great. It's a simple, short confession one-shot. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The class chattered away loudly as Aizawa napped away the last few minutes of the day. He had assigned everyone into groups for tomorrow's hero course work. The only reason the students had been given such a big heads-up about it was because Aizawa wanted them all to focus on strategizing and coordinating ways to handle different situations that would fully utilize the quirks of your team members. He ended up separating groups that usually executed their plans well, which was why the entire class was now scattered around the room in small huddles, excitedly making their plans. That is with the exception of Sero's group: they were muttering quietly, glancing around the room every few seconds. 

"I just don't know what to say to them! I've never done this before, and I don't know what to do if they don't feel the same," Sero whispered nervously, scratching the back of his neck. 

Todoroki seemed thoughtful for a moment, two-toned eyes staring at empty space. Kaminari, on the other hand, grinned widely. 

"Dude! Stop stressin' so much! Of course they feel the same, are you blind? They don't hang out with anyone else nearly as much as they do with you, and they always laugh at your stupid jokes. You're not funny, so there's only one reason they'd laugh as much as they do: they absolutely like you!"

"Denki has a point," Todoroki finally spoke, seeming to have reached a conclusion in his thoughts. "The two of you are rather close, and I've overheard them talking about you with their friends a few times... Just tell them how you feel." 

"But what if they say no? " 

"Then you can swing by my dorm and we'll play Mario Kart to cheer you up! I could even invite the rest of the Squad if you want," Kaminari said, still grinning like a cat. Sero silently wished his friend would accidentally shock himself and short-circuit. 

"You should ask them today, though, if you're going to. They're leaving for their internship with Mirko on Friday, and tomorrow we have that training thing. And I don't think anyone is going to have any energy left after that," Ojiro said. He had been silent for the majority of the conversation, seeming to only sit back and observe. 

Sero glanced up at the clock and was shocked to find there was only five minutes left before the final bell. His heart was racing and he was considering just cancelling everything, wanting to simply wait. But he knew his friends were right: the next two days were far too busy do find anytime to confess, and after Friday, Y/N would be gone for a month. He only had one chance, and he had to make it count. He groaned quietly, frustrated and anxious as he pulled out his phone and sent the message he'd had typed for nearly an hour. 

He couldn't help but look over at you as you pulled out your phone to see what he'd messaged. Your eyes met his from across the room and you flashed a smile before opening the message and beginning to respond. Sero had already turned as red as a tomato and Kaminari was laughing at his expression. 

You opened Sero's message, smiling softly as you responded. 

💛Sero💛
Meet me out front after class?