!N!💔| Burned Bridges | Toya (Dabi) Todoroki

A/N: 

TW/CW: 

________________________________________________________________________________

The evening air was thick with tension as you and Dabi stood in the dimly lit, cluttered hideout, your voices growing louder with every word.

"Why can't you see it, Y/N?" His voice was edged with frustration as he jabbed a finger in your direction. "This whole 'hero' thing is just a façade. They're just using you."

You clenched your fists, trying to keep your temper in check. "You don't understand, Dabi. I believe in what I'm doing. I'm making a difference."

Dabi's laugh was mirthless. "Making a difference? You're just a pawn in their game. Don't you see that?"

Your heart pounded, your frustration boiling over. "And what about you, Dabi? You're just a pawn in your own game. The League of Villains is using you just as much as you claim the heroes are using me."

Dabi's eyes blazed with anger, his gloved hand twitching as if he longed to ignite his flames. "This is different, Y/N. We're fighting to tear down the corrupt system."

You took a step closer, your voice lowering to a dangerous whisper. "And what about the innocent people who get hurt in the process? What about the collateral damage?"

Dabi's fists clenched, his voice growing louder. "Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good."

Your eyes bore into his, your tone icy. "That's a convenient excuse for someone who revels in chaos. And you say that as if you don't kill innocents just because they were a mild inconvenience to you. "

Dabi's anger flared, his flames flickering to life around his body. "I don't expect you to understand. You're too blinded by your own ideals."

The room felt like it was closing in on you, the tension between you and Dabi palpable. Your argument had escalated far beyond a simple disagreement. It had become a clash of ideologies, a power struggle neither of you was willing to concede.

"I'm not the one who's blinded," you hissed, your own frustration giving way to desperation. "You're so consumed by your hatred that you can't see the damage you're causing, both to yourself and everyone around you." 

Dabi's flames grew more intense, casting eerie shadows on the walls. "I don't need a lecture from a hero wannabe."

The words stung, but you refused to back down. "I'd rather be a 'hero wannabe' than a whiny little brat who kills people just because his father was a piece of shit."

Dabi's expression twisted with a mixture of anger and anguish. "You could never understand. I just chose to get even rather than be a floormat the rest of my life, Y/N. Maybe you've forgotten, but you aren't exactly from the best place, either."

Your voice was heavy with sorrow as you whispered, "And maybe you've forgotten what it means to be human."

"What was that? Hm? You wanna say that just a little louder?" His tone was almost lethal, venom dripping from every word. 

"I said you've forgotten what it means to be human! You don't care for anyone or anything other than destroying Endeavor and the stupid fucking hero society! You don't care who gets burned, friend or foe, as long as the end result is the same. You only see shit in black and white, you never consider how the things you do affect everyone else. Goddamnit, Toya, you could've killed ALL of us earlier when you let that damn Nomu go! Your impatience nearly killed the whole team, and we told it that might happen! Hell, do you know how much of a risk I take seeing you? Huh?! Do you have any idea the things, the people I've lost because I've been trying to support you and help you get back on the right track?! No, because you have your head so far up your ass you can't see anything but your own rage! Grow the hell up and see the bigger picture!" 

In that moment, something in Dabi snapped. He unleashed a torrent of blue flames, the searing heat washing over you. You barely had time to react, but instinct kicked in. You summoned your Quirk, creating a protective barrier just in time to shield yourself from the fire. You huffed out a breath, still shocked at what had just happened. 

The hideout was ablaze, the walls crackling with the intensity of Dabi's flames. But your focus remained solely on him, the man you'd argued with, the man who had just tried to incinerate you. The man you'd been trying to save this whole time, and the man you had started to feel something for. 

Dabi staggered back, his flames dying down. He looked at you, his expression a mixture of anger and self-loathing. "Go back to your hero friends, Y/N. We're done. If I ever see you again, I swear, I will fucking kill you."

You felt a surge of sadness and regret, but you couldn't back down now. "Fine. But I promise you, Dabi, you won't survive much longer if you keep going like this. And I can't wait 'til the day you lay there, dying, and you realize you have never accomplished anything in your sad little life because you were too focused on the past."

With those parting words, you turned and left the burning hideout, the echoes of your argument still ringing in your ears. As the fire raged behind you and smoke filled the air, you knew this was one burned bridge you could never come back from.