5- Grian/Sam/Xisuma

Grian woke up in a cold room, hands and feet chained.  At first he expected it to be somewhere in the end, but after he looked around he saw that the walls were natural stone and the sky was blue. 

'I wonder why he's brought me here,' Grian wondered.

As if on queue, Sam walked in. 

'Hello Gree-on. Or should I say, Xelqua? After all, you are a watcher.' 

Grian flinched at the greeting. He hated watchers, and being called one made him angry. Sam seemed not to notice though, and Grian said nothing.

Sam walked up to Grian and freed him from the chains. He then pulled out two chairs from his inventory and placed them in front of each other. He beckoned for Grian to sit down. 

Grian finally decided to ask Sam what was going on. 

'What do you want, Sam?' 

Sam gave a chuckle. 

'It's not what I want, Xelqua, it's who.' 

Grian scowled. He didn't have time for Sam's sense of humour.

'Who do you want, then?' 

Sam grinned. 

'Why, Xelqua, i thought you would've guessed by now.'

Sam leaned in closer.

'I want you.' 

Grian already knew that Sam was after him, yet those 3 words seemed to hit him like a ton of bricks. 

'Did Xelphus send you?' 

Sam thought. 

'No. I wanted you myself. What use would a pathetic, fake Watcher be in a kingdom of real ones?' 

Grian nodded. He knew Sam was lying. Grian surprisingly had the most power out of all the Watchers, even more than Sam and Xelphus. 

'Does Xelphus know about this?' 

Sam continued the lie. 'No, he would've told me I was wasting my time.' 

'Would he not be right? After all, a stupid, pathetic, weak watcher has no use in your kingdom. You said it yourself.' 

Sam growled. 

'You cannot use your tricks on me, Xelqua! I know your mind games, I am the one that taught you!' 

Grian grinned, knowing he had exposed Sam's lie. He knew he couldn't go back to hermitcraft, but the end was even worse. A lifetime of being bullied by Sam, being forced to take down realms and servers. Stealing innocent players to force them into a Watcher. Grian hated everything about Watchers, and yet, being one seemed to be his future. 

'Why did Xelphus not come himself, then? If you want my power that bad, surely you would've come armed to take me?'

Sam was silent. He knew Grian wouldn't come without a fight. And yet, Grian's fear and hate of being exposed as a Watcher would force him to comply with Sam. 

Sam grinned. He had a plan. He looked at Xelqua and stood up. 

'I will be back, Xelqua. And I won't be alone. You are right, Xelphus should've come himself. When he does, he will see how pathetic your little world is, and will destroy everything. Then you will have nowhere to go, and no choice but to become a full watcher.'

Sam opened his wings and flew out of the room, leaving an angry and anxious Grian behind. 

-TIME SKIP-

It had been 3 days since Sam left. 

3 days of nothing but mining and building. 

Grian had made a permanent base, since he knew he wasn't going back to his old one. He didn't have enough rockets to get back, even if he wanted to. Which he didn't. For obvious reasons. 

He longed for his communicator, wanting to know how everyone was. The initial feeling that he would be killed had subsided, and more sensible thoughts came into his head. Xisuma didn't know he was a Watcher. No one did. Why would they kill him? 

He wasn't worried about Mumbo, Xisuma, or anyone else back home. From his perspective, they would wonder where he was gone, and wait till he came back. Which, of course, was never. 

~POV shift: Xisuma~ 

4 days. It had been 4 days since the last time X saw Grian. He'd said he would go searching later, but something told him to go sooner. Grian would've been back by now. Rockets weren't that difficult to get, and a stack would only take a night for creepers and a day for paper. 

Xisuma thought he should check on Mumbo. The moustached man had been uneasy and stressed lately, and his base was starting to get neglected. Mumbo spent most of his time at his base, doing who knows what. If he wasn't working on his base, what else was there to do? 

Xisuma grabbed some firework rockets and took off towards Mumbo's base. He couldn't see Mumbo anywhere outside, so landed and walked inside. He turned a corner, and his heart shattered into a million pieces. 

There was Mumbo, shaking and crying, clutching one of Grian's sweaters in his hands. 

Xisuma gently walked over and sat down beside Mumbo. The poor man looked tired and disheveled, his suit was tear stained and scruffy.

Upon seeing X, Mumbo burst into more tears. Half from embarrassment, half from sadness. 

X just stared. He'd never seen Mumbo this distressed. He wouldn't say he was close to Mumbo, but he still knew that this was very out of character. 

Mumbo looked at X with tears streaming from his face. 

'P-please bring h-him back.' Mumbo stuttered.

A/N: 

Whew. That chapter was hard. 

Bank holiday, so I can write!! 

Also that's a lot of POV's- 

887 words :/ I was hoping for more but that's enough drama for one chapter. I kinda feel it wasn't my best, but there we go. I also had to look back at the introduction to make sure the plot lines up XD 

Have a good day/night!