3K?!?!

NO WAY, we reached 3K reads on wings! As a thank you to all my dedicated readers, here's a bonus chapter for you! I only had to re read the story 10 times and try come up with something good ;-;

Also my apologies if it's in a different style from my previous chapters, it's been so long XD

Edited 31/8/2024

Here we go..

Grian was starting to get concerned. Sam hadn't been back in a couple of days, which left him by himself for a while. He had always been the type of person to get lonely on his own, and without Mumbo and Scar he felt a bit lost. He debated going back to them, and once he could bear the silence no longer, he left for the day's journey back to his old base.

POV Mumbo:

It had been weeks since Grian disappeared . Not a single hermit had seen him anywhere in the world. Not even Xisuma, with all his admin powers and abilities, could trace where Grian had gone. It was like he vanished off the face of the earth. Mumbo would often spend hours at his base, looking for signs of life, perhaps even waiting for his return.

For the first few days, there was nothing. No signs of Grian whatsoever. Mumbo was beginning to feel he was wasting his time, when he saw something. A shulker box. It wasn't here yesterday, he knew it wasn't. He checked the contents and sure enough, it was full of Grian's building materials and a few of his red sweaters. Excitedly, he rushed round the mansion, calling Grian's name. He caught a glimpse of red dashing inside the building. Chasing after it, he kept calling to his friend, almost crying with happiness.

He turned the corner, and saw Grian there, with his back to Mumbo. He wasn't moving, and didn't turn around to see Mumbo.

'Grian? Where have you been? We've been so worried about you!'

Mumbo reached out to hug his friend, but was pushed to the ground by a strong hand.

'Grian, what's wrong? It's me, Mumbo, your friend!'

As Mumbo stood back up, Grian slowly pulled a knife out of his pocket. Mumbo noticed, and was confused.

'Why do you have a knife in your pocket, G? That could really hurt you if you fell on it.'

With a flash of red Grian turned around and started beating Mumbo up using the knife. Silky blood poured out of multiple cuts all over his arms, and it was all Mumbo could do to scream in pain and try to escape from Grian's grasp. Too exhausted to fight any longer, Mumbo let himself fall to the ground. Grian was still hurting him when distant shouts came from the jungle, which quickly made him evacuate the area. Mumbo started losing consciousness fast, but not before he saw Grian put the knife in his pocket and dash round the corner out of sight. His vision blurred and he felt nauseous, and a second later he was gone, not hearing Scar's panicked voice.

POV Grian:

Once Grian arrived, he immediately started looking for Mumbo. He checked the man's base, but the building looked abandoned and there was no Mumbo to be seen. As he made his way out, his jumper caught on an overgrown branch and snagged a giant hole. Sighing, Grian decided to quickly grab a new one before he saw Mumbo. He flew the short distance to his mansion, and quickly started hunting for some. He found one in a conveniently placed shulker box. It still had the tags on, so Grian rummaged around for a pair of scissors. He didn't find one, but did find a small knife in one of his chests. He quickly sliced off the tags, and shoved the knife in his pocket.

As he put on his jumper, he heard distant shouts coming from inside, and decided to check them out in hopes of finding someone. He went through his mansion, and finally found Mumbo lying on the concrete floor, dirty and bloody, and a very concerned Scar next to him.

'GRIAN? Where have you been?? Look what you did to Mumbo! He's shaking and covered in blood!'

Grian was taken aback by the sight before him, but even more shocked at his friend's words.

'What do you mean, Scar? I never did this to him! I've been gone for weeks!'

Scar glared at him angrily. 'Grian, we know you never left. Did you seriously think we wouldn't notice the signs at your base? Or the shulker boxes and chests being moved?'

'But I swear! I haven't been to my base at all! Anyone could have gone there!'

Scar was about to reply when Mumbo started coughing and spluttering, evidently regaining consciousness. Scar splashed another healing potion on him, which revived the man enough to let him talk. Mumbo glared at Grian, a cold, empty glare, one of hurt and betrayal.

'I saw...Grian...with a knife...he hurt me. He cut me and then ran when he heard you, scar. The knife...it's in his pocket.'

Scar turned to Grian.

'Grian, empty your pockets.'

Grian's blood ran cold. He realised that Sam had clearly set this up, and make it look as if Grian was at fault.

'I swear I never hurt Mumbo! I snagged my sweater at his base so came here to get a new one, and it still had the tags on it, so I-'

'Grian. Pockets.' Scar's face was stern, more than Grian had ever seen before.

Tears rolled down Grian's face as he pulled a small knife out of his pocket and held it out slightly in front of him.

Scar turned to Mumbo, who nodded slowly.

'He did it, Scar. I saw him put the knife in his pocket before I blacked out.'

'No! I snagged my sweater on a branch, and went to grab a new one! I had to cut the tags off! I swear I never hurt Mumbo!'

Scar stood up and and slapped Grian hard across the face, sending Grian stumbling to the side for a moment. He then went on to help Mumbo up off the floor and started walking out the mansion with him. Grian followed them outside, trying to give some sort of explanation as to why he didn't hurt Mumbo.

'Mumbo, I'm your friend, why would I hurt you? You have to believe me! I haven't been back in weeks!'

Mumbo simply shrugged, and carried on walking. Grian turned and stood in front of scar, who completely ignored him. Scar equipped his elytra, and as he gave Mumbo a new pair, he took one final look at Grian.

'Goodbye, Grian. Don't talk to me or Mumbo ever again. You clearly aren't the man we thought you were.'

Grian was speechless as tears streamed down his face. He looked at Mumbo for some sort of compassion, but Mumbo wouldn't even return the eye contact.

As he watched the two fly off into the jungle, he knew what he had to do.

Sam had to be stopped, and for good.