6-

Hello my lovelies! :D 

Back with another chapter for you..

Sorry it's been so long. I promise I will be more consistent! :/

Xisuma stayed with Mumbo for a few minutes. It wasn't long before the moustached man fell asleep on Xisuma's shoulder. X just smiled, and carried Mumbo to bed. He made a mental reminder to text Scar later and ask him to keep Mumbo company. He needed a friend, and Scar was the only person close to Mumbo apart from Grian.

As Xisuma left, though, his communicator started buzzing like mad. He skimmed over the chat messages, mostly from hermits, but one in particular caught his attention.

Xisuma did a double take.

<Samgladiator joined the game>

Samgladiator. Where had he heard that name before? His brain searched to find the memory, and then-

Ah. Watchers.

X tried to stay calm, but his heart was racing and he felt lightheaded.

Watchers weren't a good sign in any world. It usually meant they're looking for a new recruit, and stealing unsuspecting players from servers was the best option. Most of the time their memories would be wiped, with the exception of if a player had valuable information. The player was trained into a watcher, being lied to about their past and given fake memories. It was altogether a scary, horrible experience, and even worse for those who had their memories still. Often their friends would be left confused and distressed, people being forced to take the responsibility of the player stolen. Watchers only showed up in chat the 2nd time they joined a server. Since they only needed to once to steal a player, this must be serious. The player must have history with the watchers.

Xisuma shuddered at the thought. It was just what happened to Bif-

Nevermind.

Xisuma knew better than to think those thoughts.

He was worried that this had something to do with Grian. He always had been slightly suspicious of him, but the prankster's bubbly personality acted as a disguise.

Then it clicked.

The wings. The galactic. The strange feeling of resentment Xb always has around him. Grian was a watcher.

Maybe he was overreacting.

Maybe Grian was fine.

Maybe it was just a glitch.

How wrong he was.

POV shift: Grian

Sam was back.

It didn't come as a surprise, Grian knew he'd be back.

But so soon? Why? Had Xelphus come as well? Surely not. They would need time to gather enough power to overtake him.

Grian thought about home.

Mumbo. Scar. Xisuma.

Wouldn't they be worried?

Should he go home just to check on them?

Grian's thoughts were soon brought to a halt when a voice came up behind him.

An all too familiar voice.

'Why hello, Gree-on. Weren't expecting me this soon, were you?'

Grian looked around, relieved to see Sam by himself.

'Hello Sam. Where's Xelphus?'

Sam frowned.

'He was busy today. I had to come by myself.'

'Oh. And why did you come?'

'To check on you. Wouldn't want you sneaking off somewhere.'

Ah. Of course. What other reason was there?

Sam watched Grian build for a good few hours, before deciding to leave. Grian breathed a sigh of relief once he left. He had a bit longer to prepare and think it through. 

A/N:

I went on holiday! We climbed a mountain, swam in a lake, lost our drone in the same lake...

This chapter is totally pants. A shambles. 

(Mumbo and Grian reference, if you didn't know.) 

And I'm really sorry XD

See you soon(er)