4 - 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐞?

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 ; 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

- 2 days later -

It's been four days since I ran into Wanderer, a little part of me even forgot how we met. I couldn't even remember why I was so upset about my breakup with Aether now that I had someone to pick me up.

"So, are you gonna go back to your theater class?" Wanderer asked. There was no piano today, Wanderer himself said that he was tired of playing it and needed a mind break.

So today it was just us sitting down at the risers, having our own study session again. Though it was mostly me studying and him trying not to run over his piece on the piano again.

"I don't know. I know I should, but I just don't want to."

"But how are you going to be able to rehearse for your scene? Isn't it partner work?" That's when I started going through my bag, digging through my papers to try and find my script. Setting the rest of my work on the riser above me.

"That's what I wanted to ask you, would you help me rehearse? I know it sounds like a stretch-!"

"I'll do it." He bluntly said taking the script out of my hand and reading it over. I was surprised he didn't back out when he read that it was a scene between lovers.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to!"

"I'm sure Y/n. You need a partner to help practice, so I'm here to help. So, you ready?" I was taken back a bit, then straightened my posture. Wanderer set the script in between us so that the both of us could read off of it.

"The moon looks beautiful tonight doesn't it?" His voice was so clear.

"I think we should talk, Jackson."

"Yeah of course, what's going through your mind?"

"I don't know if I can just keep being friends with you. I mean, we have something between us. But I just want more."

"More?"

"More."

"So..what 'more' do you want? I mean we're already friends, do you mean like best friends?"

"I think I'm in love with you, Jackson"

"What?"

"What?"

"You're in love with me?"

"I think I am. We've been friends for so long, done everything together, cried together, my parents already love you.
And I just..I can't see you with someone else." It felt so weird having to say that to him. This would've been different if I was with Aether. But this is all about acting. Acting..

"I've been with you for so long Maisie. I just never thought that we would have gotten to this point. Do you think everyone else will care?"

"Should we really care what everyone else thinks? I mean I've were in love with each other."

"This is kinda cliche. Confessing to each other under the stars while everyone else is inside? Was this on purpose Miss Maisie?"

"Only if you think it was. Heh, so what are we now? I never heard your confession."

"Well—I think I've been in love with you for a while now. Now that you've finally admitted it, I guess I can finally admit to my feelings."

I stopped there, not reading any further than that. Because then was when the two characters were supposed to kiss. I looked up at Wanderer, he would look down at the script reading the next few lines.

It was funny seeing his eyes slightly widen, "Do you really need to run over the kiss?" His eyes darting at me, eager for me to say no.

"No, don't worry." He sighed in relief, then taking back the script.

"Y'know this is kinda of a cliche scene. The guys right." Wanderer said jokingly.

"The whole play is pretty cliche! Which makes it more awkward with the situation now." I sighed.

"Maybe ask your teacher to change partners?"

"I probably could, but everyone would get mad at me for it." The last school bell rang, we both packed up our papers, he handed me back my script.

"You want me to walk you home today?" He asked, waiting for me to finish packing and stand up.

"If you'd like to, then yes. Walking home alone doesn't seem to be like a fun thing haha."

"Then lead the way." He said letting me out of the room first, then catching up to walk next to me as we walked out of the school.

Just as we were walking out of the school, I could feel someone grab my hand. It was Thoma, I looked back at Wanderer he only just nodded to me and kept on walking—I was hoping he would still wait for me.

"Y/n why aren't you coming to theater? We really need you for the play."

"I'm not going back there Thoma. You and everyone kept what he said from me, and I trusted all of you."

"Y/n you were so in love with him I just—I couldn't tell you at least then. I was going to tell you, when you seemed ready. But that has nothing to do with our play. We need you Y/n. You need to be at rehearsals from now on or the teacher is just going to give you an F." I sighed, knowing I had to go back there.

"Fine fine. Just let me go Thoma. I need to get home." I let go of his grasp, catching up to Wanderer who waited for me at the end of the street.

"How was that?" He asked while we crossed.

"I have to go back to class or my teachers gonna fail me." I sighed.

"It's not a bad idea to go back there. You can't just avoid everyone for the rest of your life."

"I know you're right. I just wish you weren't always right sometimes haha."

"Then maybe you should prove yourself right. So that you don't need me to tell you."

"Hm, too much work. I think I like having you nagging at me." I laughed, Wanderer scoffed nudging my shoulder.

We cracked jokes on the way to my home, well mostly I did. Wanderer usually just listened, he's a great listener the more I get to know him.

"How's that paper coming along?" Wanderer asked out of the blue.

"I've finally found a topic I want to write about, which is a start."

"What is it?"

"Not saying."

"Wow, okay. Why not?"

"The act of suspense? I'm not letting anyone read it till it's finished. But I'll be sure that you're one of the first people to read it before I present it."