10 - 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 ; 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

"Sooo did anything happen between you two?" Hutao came up behind me while I was at going through my book bag for my missing papers

"No Hutao nothing happened. He just helped me with my overdue work." My mind went back to yesterday, reminding myself of what actually happened and what didn't.

"I can help you on your work if you need me to." As Wanderer handed me the papers our hands found a way to touch each others.

We both looked at each other, I could feel my heart starting to race. Not knowing why. Until I saw Wanderer moving closer to me, so I followed what he was doing.

He was so close to me, just like before. What was going on with me? Why am I getting flustered over nothing? Maybe it's because I'm sick.

I watched as he got closer to me, taking my hand.

"So uh, the teachers were kinda rude about you being absent so technically all of these papers were due today since you were at school. But since you left they'll probably make it due tomorrow. I can help you work on it now?" He said, taking the papers out of my hand.

"Y/n?" I was still looking at him, like I was in a daze mesmerized by him. "Y/n? Y/n you're staring off into space." Wanderer waved his hand in front of me to snap me out of my daze. He pointed down at the papers, waiting for my reply.

"Oh right. Yeah I could use the help." I cleared my throat, realizing how hot I feel. Then realizing how flushed my checks probably were.

"Mhm sure Y/n. You totally hooked up."

"Did not."

"Did so!"

"Hutao."

"Sorry sorry.." I went up to the teacher to hand her my worksheet that I missed from Friday. She scolded me for a second, thinking I wasn't that sick.

"You seem tired Y/n, did you get any sleep last night?" Hutao seemed more concerned now than her regular mocking self. I didn't even notice how tired I was feeling, but when I sat back down at my desk a wave of tiredness hit me.

"I slept as much as I could. I even went to bed early but kept waking up with the chills and then the sweats."

"Honestly you just shouldn't be coming to school babes. I get your performance is this weekend but how are you supposed to act if you can't barely talk normally."