7 - 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 ; 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

"Y/n have you figured out what topic you're doing for that essay in Mrs

"Y/n have you figured out what topic you're doing for that essay in Mrs. Beidou's class? I'm completely stuck on what to do." Nilou sulked as we walked out to lunch together.

"I have an idea in mind but don't know if I'm gonna use it yet."

"Well what is it?"

"It's so corny, but I want to do it about love. Why people fall in love. It's the only idea that's sticking in my head right now."

"That's good! But do you really want to do that right after you and Aether broke up?" She asked, we each walked over to one side of the picnic table sitting down and pulling out our food.

"It doesn't really bother me anymore, and being honest the breakup gives me more information on that."

"Well speaking of the breakup, do you think you're gonna try to get back out there in the dating world? Or just keep to yourself?"

"Again I just got out of a breakup Nilou, right now I'm not ready to move onto a new relationship. I'd rather just focus on school till summer."

We both started eating, enjoying our food for a little while, "So Y/n, I heard you and Wanderer are friends now?" I looked up at her, she was smiling at me.

"Yeah?"

"Is he why you've been skipping theater?" I sighed.

"We just talked about this Nilou. I'm not looking for a relationship right now, we're just becoming friends that's all." I rested my head on my hand, then picking around my food playing around with it instead of eating.

Yelan came and rushed over to the table, "Y/n can I borrow Nilou for a bit?" Asking though she was already grabbing her hand, pulling her away from the table. I nodded laughing at them as they left running somewhere to a larger group of people.

There were still 20 minutes left in lunch, so I started taking my notebook down to start writing for my project. Just writing simple reasons to follow my topic.

I then felt a figure slide next to me, I was startled by what stranger would ever do that, till I saw it was no stranger. Just Wanderer.

"No music room today?" He asked, his eyes looking down at my paper focused on what I was writing.

"It's nice out today! And as much as I love that place, it gives me a headache from how old it is. Why are you out here?"

"To look for you." I set my pen down, looking over to him. "Am I you're only friend or something?" Joking around with him.

"No."

"So why did you look for me?"

"Why not?"

Every time he spoke I couldn't help but stare when I could see his piercing. "Hey, eyes up here. Are you that mesmerized by my piercing?"

"Possibly. It fits you well though Wanderer." I slightly looked to my side, seeing Aether looking at me.

He seemed angry and uncomfortable. I don't think it was because of me, most likely from something else he was doing. When we made eye contact with each other he didn't look away when I looked, his eyes looking at me, then glancing over at Wanderer who was next to me.

"Who are you staring at? You know it's not good to stare at people." Wanderer said, I turned away from Aether to look at him coming back to focus.

"Says you, I can feel you stare at me when we walk home!" I nudged his shoulder.

"I don't stare. It's just called long glances. Completely different from staring."

"Oh yeah? Last time I checked that was the definition of staring."

"Tch just focus on whatever you're writing." I shrugged my shoulders going back to writing, not even 5 minutes later I could feel him watching what I was doing.

"What are you writing?"

"Something I can't tell you."

"What? Why not?"

"Because. I said. It's my free write essay."

"What topic are you doing?"

"Like I said, something I can't tell you." Wanderer sighed, not bothering to ask any further on it. He pulled out his sheet music, "you're still writing on that?"

"Yeah? I can't figure these notes out. It's such a hard song to play properly." His voice was stern, agitated by how long this writing has gone on for.

"Don't get so stressed about it Wanderer. It'll make things worse." He mumbled to himself then scribbling on the paper.

A few minutes later I heard someone calling my name, a familiar shadow outline standing in front of me.
"Hey uh Y/n." I looked up seeing Aether, with that same look from before. I set my pen down, knots twisting inside my stomach from his presence.

"Yes?" Wanderer finally realized that Aether was there and poked his head up as well, the two of them started at each other for a second.

"Would you want to practice our scene outside of class? A few of the cast members want to get together and practice on our own."

"When would that be?"

"Tonight. It's gonna be almost all the cast, we could- I could use you there Y/n."

I sighed, glancing over at Wanderer for his opinion on it. "She's busy tonight actually." He spoke up.

"Oh. Well are you sure Y/n?"

"Yeah, thank you for the offer Aether but I'm busy." He slowly nodded, looking back at Wanderer there was an uncomfortable tension with how they looked at each other. He then walked away.

"You're a life savor, really. Thank you." I sighed of relief.

"You gave me the look to, so I just did what I needed to. Lunch is over in 5 minutes, you going to theater today?"

"I have to or I get grounded and detention." I sulked, jotting something down on the paper and then putting it back in my bag.
Leaving the last 5 minutes of lunch for us to talk with each other.

"I think you should get a septum piercing." Wanderer said out of the blue, I looked at him confused as to why now say it.

"Why do you think so?"

"It'll fit you well, not a lot of people can pull off a septum piercing but you could." His eyes glued to mine, whenever mine would move so would his.

Something I need to jot down when I get the time to.