13 - 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 ; 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

"So are you excited for the performance tomorrow?" My dad tried to make conversation at the dinner table, my mother was outside doing whatever she did

"So are you excited for the performance tomorrow?" My dad tried to make conversation at the dinner table, my mother was outside doing whatever she did. So it was just us two in the house, with not having such a close relationship what was there to talk about?

"Yeah, I've been working hard on my role."

"What is it about again?"

" it's just a short play the whole class came up with, like just teen drama Y'know." Things got quite, I kept on trying to eat my food but I couldn't eat so much before tomorrow.

"How are you and Aether doing? I haven't heard you talk about him in a while." My father loves Aether, which is one of the main reasons I've been hiding the breakup.

"We're alright."

"That's it? Just "We're Alright?" Usually you talk more about him Y/n. Did something happen?"

"Nope. We're good, we've just been busy so there's not much to tell you."

"Well you should invite him to dinner tomorrow after the show. Your mother already planned on it when preparing meals." I sighed, setting my fork down and going to wash my plate.
"I'll see if he wants to, I don't know what he has planned with his sister."

"Can we talk Y/n?" Words you never want to hear come out of your parents mouth. I walked back over to the table to sit down.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Why you've been acting so strange around me, you seem so different around your mother compared to me and I don't understand that."

"You're barely around dad, it's hard for me to be able to talk to you or even spend time with you when you're always at work."

"I make money for this family. So you can have all the things you've needed and wanted!"

"Mom works too."

"But I make majority of the income for us. But every time I'm around you just go in your room or you're out with your mom!"

"Okay. Sorry dad, I'm gonna go wash up for the night." I stopped the conversation, knowing I couldn't get so worked up the night before the performance.
I went in my room to change and get ready for a shower.

- 20 minutes later -

Just as I got out of the shower to put on new clothes, I looked down at my phone to see that Wanderer was calling me. So I answered.