Ch. 16 Drunk

Author's POV

"Aap ghum rhe ho."

( You're spinning )

"Main nhi ghum raha, tumhara sar ghum raha h."

( I'm not spinning, your head is spinning. )

"Is it? Should I hold it then? Gir gya to?"

( What if it falls? )

Kritika held her head with both hands. Her feets wobbled, but before she can fall by tripping herself, Rehan caught her by waist. She gave him a confused look with fluttering eyes. He hold her tightly before looking for the waiter whom he asked to bring lemonade for her. It's been 10 minutes and the vodka started kicking in her systems.

"Mr. Rathore!!!" He turned to the voice and found one of his shareholder approaching him. He straightened himself and grabbed Kritika's waist properly to make it look like two friends are talking.

"Muh mat kholna. Agar khola, to tumhari khair nhi." He whispered in her ears.

( Don't open your mouth. If you did, you won't be well. )

Kritika glared at his face for the words he spoke to her. He warned her but is she going to listen him?

"Congratulations!! for acquiring such a prestigious deal. Not everyone is lucky enough to get such opportunity." His words filled with politeness failed to hide the envious look in his eyes. And Rehan isn't fool to misinterpret those looks.

"There's nothing about luck, it's the hard work i did to reach this level. So i deserve this." He makes sure to show people their actual places.

"Aren't you being rude?" Kritika asked whispering poking his side stomach with her finger.

"Oh! Hello there, soon to be Mrs. Rathore." Rehan closed his eyes at his remark. How can he forgot? People know her as vihaan's fiancee. And finding her in this condition with him may create objectionable questions. Media and society only waits for the spicy news even if it's fake.

"Excuse us" He excused both of them without letting Kritika answer him and took her to another corner of the hallway. She tried to free herself from his grip but couldn't. He spot a pillar nearby. He made her stand supporting that pillar before taking out his phone.

"What are you doing? Why did you brought me here? Let me-"
She started shouting which made him irritated.

"Shut up...... Just shut up. Finger on your lips." He shot back grabbing her arms.

"I'll complain against you." She spoke in a drunken voice before putting her fingers on her lips. Rehan observed her actions. She's threatening him while she herself is scared of him. He dialled Sharma and heard his voice within 2 rings. He tried talking to him but his replies were unclear due to loud music inside and poor network issue.

"Grab this pillar and don't move from here." He wrapped her hands around the pillar like a Koala.

"What if I did?"

"Then I'll kill you." She pouted like a child at his words.

"But you are too handsome to be a murderer." He shook his head at her flirty remark before moving a bit far to get stable network. He told Sharma his location and asked him to bring kritika's friend with him. He was so engrossed in talking to Sharma that he failed to notice a group of boys approaching Kritika.