Ch. 26 The Temple Visit

Author's POV

The moving car resonated with Kritika's chirping. She seemed way too excited. And why wouldn't she be? She's talking to her family after more than 12 hours. She took proper time to interact with each and every person. She felt contented after sharing about her first day at her in laws with them.

On the other hand, Rehan was getting irritated with her continuous blabbering. He can't even complain though since he was the one who asked her to do something else when she tried to play music. He wanted to drive peacefully without any background noises that's why he denied. But now he regret doing so, as music would have been less chaotic comparing to her voice box.

She was purposely talking in loud voices just to irritate him more. There's no way she's letting him live in peace ever. Her expressions and her way of speaking told him that it must be Anshika on other side. He smirked as a mischievous thought crossed his mind. He opened his mouth and spoke in a loud tone to make sure that he was audible enough for the person she's talking to.

"Sweetheart..... Put your phone down before I bend you over my knees." 

Kritika frozed listening to his statement. Her mouth gaped open. She eyed him fearfully as if he was possessed.

"Who the hell was that kittu? Is someone misbehaving with you?" She heard her brother shouting from the phone.

"No Bhai it's..... it's radio. Just radio. Nothing else." She stuttered glaring at her husband.

"Then change the fucking channel. What kind of shits are you listening to." Came her brother's angry voice.

"I already did. By the way Bhai, I'll call you later. We reached the temple. Bye. Take care."

Turning to him she grabbed his throat squeezing it from both hands.

"Hath hataiye Mrs. Rathore varna dono marenge."

( Remove your hands Mrs. Rathore otherwise we both will die. )

She retreated her hand back and faced the window with a sulky pout. She was thinking about the embarrassing incident happened just now. She may have lied to her brother but it isn't easy to fool Anshika. She must have grabbed the situation by now.

Rehan finally had the happy moment of the day. For the next 1 hour it was all quite in the car just like he wanted. But as we say happiness doesn't stay long, his also lived shortly.

"Stop... Stop... Stop......" He pulled sudden break with a screeching sound produced by the tyres. The long queue of his bodyguard's car also stopped behind him.

"What??" He asked her, who gave him a forced smile before speaking.

"I am thirsty. So..... can we? you know?" She gestured towards a small golgappa stall across the road with her eyes.

Now that forced smile and nervous looks made sense to him. No way he's going there or allowing her. He have a image to maintain. And moreover it isn't even hygienic.

Imagine having bunch of guards standing behind you for your protection while you are waiting in queue for your turn with a bowl in your hands.

That mere thought disgusted him in different languages. He turned around and picked a bottle from backseat, waving infront of her.

"Vo.... mujhe bhookh bhi lagi hai." She said glancing at the bottle in his hand.

( Actually.... I am hungry too. )

Keeping the bottle in her lap, he opened the dashboard and took out some biscuits before forwarding them to her. She scrunched her nose at that.

"I want to eat something spicy."