Ch. 20 Wedding

Author's POV

"Hmmmm"  Kritika hummed pointing toward the sandwich she was holding infront of Rehan's lips, for him to take a bite.

Rehan wasn't expecting that. Specially when she was busy stuffing her mouth like a cute squirrel.

They doesn't share an equation to have food from the same plate like friends. He wanted to deny but he doesn't know what came to his mind that he ended up taking a bite.

Kritika blinked her eyes several times and fetched her hand back.

Maine to formality ke liye pucha tha.

Khair chodo....

Pay to yhi karenge.

( I asked for formality.

However leave it....

He will be paying. )

Kritika muttered under her breath ignoring Rehan's stares.

Soon they left the place and covered the distance till her house. Kritika couldn't control herself and jumped out opening the door to ran inside.

"Mumma" She hid herself in her mother's embrace as soon as she entered the house.

It was such a huge relief for her whole family.

One by one everyone hugged her, even Rathore's also. But then her eyes went to her hero, whose teary eyes were looking at her without moving an inch from his place.

"Appa" She hugged her father sitting beside him on the sofa.

Her mother, who was crying non stop, looked back at Rehan and took him in a hug.

Rehan was startled due to sudden hug but he composed himself and wrapped his arms around Anita.

"Thank you so much Beta." She finished with a gentle kiss on Rehan's temple.

And that was the place where Rehan melted.

He passed a small smile which didn't go unnoticed by his family.

"Mr. Rathore..... Un kidnappers ka kya hua?"

( What happened to those kidnappers? )

Arjun's serious voice forced Kritika to break the hug.

She knows her brother is a cheerful person but when he gets angry, he is not less than a volcano.

"Police department is taking care of them." Rehan lied smoothly. Everyone seemed satisfied by his answer except for the Kumar siblings.

Kritika was looking at him like he had grown horns. Isn't he the same man who denied her to get the cops involved. Now he's going back on his own words. Maybe he's lying since she doesn't remember him calling the cops.

On the another hand, Arjun wanted to take the lead in his own hands. He may not be rich and influential like Rehan but he is definitely protective for his sister. He will take all the needful actions just to make sure his sister is safe.

"But why did they kidnapped her though? What was the reason?"

Kritika grew slightly tense at her brother's rigid posture. He won't back off until he get a satisfactory explanation. And they can't give that.

She glanced at Rehan's side in hope that he won't blurt the truth. Her family will freak out, specially her father, if they got to know she was about to get raped. She can't take the risk with her father's health. That's the only reason she asked Leena to cover those marks for her before coming here.