Ch. 22 After Marriage

Author's POV

"Welcome home..... Mrs. Rathore" Rehan muttered with a hint of teasing, forwarding his hand to Kritika's sitting figure in the car.

Currently, they are in the premises of RATHORE MANSION. Thanks to their parents, who chose to behave like typical indians.

Just two sentences were spoken by them.

First, Marriage is not a plaything.

And second, What's wrong in trying?

Kritika straightly opposed their decisions saying it's unexpected for her and she can't do this. But Rehan's parents convinced her into giving this marriage and Rehan a chance.

She agreed, specially after that handsome bishhh dared to mock her saying she's afraid of  stepping into his territory.

Aur vaise bhi, dushman ko uske kareeb rehkar jyada acche se haraya ja sakta h.

( And moreover, The enemy can be defeated more effectively by staying close to him. )

"I can manage." She replied rudely jerking his hand away. But the moment she stepped outside, her falling mode activated. And as usual Rehan caught the falling kritika in his arms. But this time, man had full authority to hold his wife. He used the chance smartly by picking her up in his arms.

"What the heck are you doing?" She screamed wiggling in his arms. But he ignored her words like she's invisible.

"Utariye mujhe....." She whisper shouted, when she noticed people's stare on both of them.

( Put me down )

Rehan didn't acknowledged his relatives staring at them. Neither he gave a damn to his family members shocked faces.

Kritika didn't missed those young girls in the crowd drooling over her husband. Some were having a dreamy look and some had pure jealousy. She narrowed her eyes in return causing them to turn their heads.

Rehan gently settled her on the ground when they reached main gate. His mother and Chachi started grahpravesh rituals. All this while his face was blank. Eyes held no emotion and he was watching everything like a mere statue.

But it was quite awkward for Kritika. Since, she was supposed to be there with Vihaan.

"Kritika.... Andar aao bacche."

( Come inside dear. )

Her mother in law passed a sweet smile patting her head. This action of Kalyani caused the relatives to whisper among themselves. In those faint noise, everyone heard a loud voice.

"Kya kismat payi hai ladki ne. Silver kya chuta, sidha gold medal hath lag gya. "

( What a luck the girl has got. Lost the silver, but got the gold medal directly. )

Kalyani squeezed her eyes in annoyance. She knew whom that voice belong to.

"Sarita ji"

Everyone turned to the lady claded in Banarasi saree with heavy jewelleries.

Sarita Devi.....

Their neighbour. Whose niece wanted to marry Rehan.

She behaved all cultured infront of Rathore's but in reality, she was total opposite of that. Late night parties, boys, drinks, all those things which Kalyani hate. But she behaved sophisticatedly understanding the young generation.