Part 12: The Seaside

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Two Weeks Later-

Lucy's POV:

The last two weeks have been very busy. Every single night we have been out on a case. Four times we had to split up and take one case between two people. Everyone is exhausted and no one is in a good mood. George is all grouchy cause he hasn't had enough sleep and he hasn't had time to do research for his book or write it. Lockwood started to become a little more reckless in the last three days from sleep deprivation. He has two small cuts on his forehead, a badly brusied knee, and a broken finger. Holly has been filled up to her head with paper work, working over time some days to get it all done. We also have little food left.

I have been extremely moody and not a great help. I did some paper work yesterday but only because Holly ended up yelling at me for sleeping in till 3pm. She's never yelled at me before and I know it's just because she's tired too, but it pissed me off. I may have sworn at her just a little and Lockwood may have had to pull me away from her when I went to punch her in the stomach.

I was mad, okay!

Of course, I apologized later on, but before I did, it was very awkward. We sat at our desks doing paper work in complete silence. Usually Holly will put some classical music on in the background, but she told me I had put her out of the mood. I was glad to be honest because her classical music sucks. I've never told her because that would hurt her feelings but I do really hate it.

Skull had been sitting in his glass box on my table. He kept talking to me and distracting me.
'Lucy, you could just kill her you know. Maybe stab her with that pen your holding. Or throw that heavy looking notepad at her head to knock her from her seat and then she'll hit her head on the ground and die.'
'No. I'm not doing that!' I whispered. 'I do not want her dead.'
'Ugh. Your no fun Lucy. Why don't you use those scissors then and cut some of her beautiful, precious hair off. It won't kill her, but you'll get your revenge back.' His imitation of Holly was terrible so I shut him up, closing the lid.

Now this morning, everyone was sitting at the table. George was reading the paper while shoveling cereal into his mouth. Holly was eating some grapes. Lockwood was doodling some kind of vehicle on the thinking cloth while muching on a piece of toast. I was drinking a cup of tea as I had already finished my toast. Once everyone had finished, I stood up and gathered the plates and took them to the sink to do the washing up. As I did, Lockwood stood up too.
'Okay, everyone. I was thinking. We've been very busy these last few days,' George grunted before mumbling something like 'Days? More like weeks'
'Sorry, my bad, George. These last few weeks. So I've decided we should all take the day off and do something together. It's a nice, sunny day, so I was thinking maybe taking a trip to the beach? What are your guys thoughts?'
'Oh, that sounds lovely. I think we could all do with some seaside air.' Holly exclaimed.
'I'm up for it. Not that I've been to a beach for years, but it could be fun, I guess. I'm allowed to bring my book though, right?' George asked. Of course he wanted to bring a book. Nothing would ever be fun for George unless he had a book with him.
'What about you, Luce? Do you want to go to the beach?' Lockwood asked me.
I nodded. 'Yeah. Sounds like a plan.' I smiled at him and he smiled back.

The rest of the morning was spent packing bags, preparing a picnic and getting changed. Holly had rushed back to her flat to get her swimwear. She brought back a pair for me as I had none. Unfortunately she only owned bikinis which I wasn't horribly comfortable with, but it would have to do. If I'm honest, the top was a little small. Holly definitely has a smaller cup size than me, but the style of the bikini meant nothing fell out.

I stood looking at the mirror for a while, gazing at my stomach. Sure, it wasn't big, but I didn't like it. I also didn't like how my thighs looked, but I guess it didn't matter. I had to deal with it.
'Why are you so obsessed with yourself? You're almost as bad as Lockwood, staring at yourself like that.' I jumped. I hadn't realised the lid of the Skulls box had been opened.
'What the hell, Skull! Could you shut up and keep your thoughts to yourself for once?'
'No. I can't. It's impossible actually.' I rolled my eyes. 'Are you wearing that for Lockwood?'
'WHAT? NO!' My cheeks started to burn from embarrassment and I went over and shut the lid. I would be leaving him here today. I didn't need anymore stupid comments like that.