Part 15: The Three Amigos Of Ghosts

Lucy's POV:

The next morning I woke up snuggled against something warm. I slowly opened my eyes, confused as to what it could possibly be.

I bolted into a sitting position.

Lockwood. It was Lockwood. What the fuck.

Then I remembered falling asleep last night and how he had been sitting next to me when I did. He must have fallen asleep too before leaving. God I hoped George hadn't come up. Although if he had I'm sure we would have heard or he would have made himself known, yelling at us or making some sick joke.

I looked at my clock before looking back at Lockwood. Okay, it was okay. It was only 7.35am. George wouldn't even be awake yet. I didn't know what to do with the Lockwood situation though. So I stared at him.

He looked so calm, almost happy, while asleep. His hair was sticking up on all ends and his forelock was swept to the side revealing his forehead. My fingers itched to sweep it back into place, but I didn't want to wake him. I shook my head. This was creepy. I shouldn't stare while he was asleep. I went to shift off the bed, deciding it would be best if I left before he awoke, but as I moved, Lockwood stirred. I stopped moving immediately. He shifted and moved his hand around, like he was searching for something. He was still lying above my covers and I was still underneath them.

Eventually his hand touched mine and it stopped moving around. His fingers grasped mine and my stomach did somersaults. Now I was stuck here. If I moved, he would probably wake up. Dammit, Lockwood. I thought. Maybe I should just try to go back to sleep. But then if George came looking for us...
I didn't know what to do. I sat there contemplating my next move when suddenly Lockwood's eyes opened.

He looked right at me, a puzzled look on his face. His eyes widened then looked at our joined hands and immediately removed his from mine.
'Oh God. Luce, I'm so sorry!' He scrambled to sit up and get off my bed. I sat very still, trying to keep a blush off my face. I wanted to tell him it was okay and that I should be the one who was sorry. I was the one who fell alseep on him. But no words would come out of my mouth. 'I'll just get going. I'm so sorry, Luce.' And with that he left my bedroom.

I slumped back onto my pillows. What had just happened?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lockwood's POV:

I tried to calmly leave Lucy's room but as soon as I shut her door behind me, I bolted to my room. Once inside, I locked the door behind me and sunk onto my bed. I don't remember falling asleep last night. I only remember pressing my lips to her hair after she said goodnight and then sitting in silence, holding her hand, while she slept. At some point I must have closed my eyes. And now look what that had done.

I couldn't believe I had slept in her bed. She probably thought I had completely stepped out of line, although she didn't look angry. More mortified. I'm not sure if that's worse though.

The rest of the day was very awkward. I tried my best to act normal, but Lucy seemed to avoid me. If I walked into the sitting room where she was reading, she would get up and leave within a couple of minutes. If she was doing paperwork in the basement and I came to do my laundry, she would turn her chair away and put her head down so her hair would block my view of her face. I tried not to feel hurt by this avoidance, it was my fault really, but it did sting. I wanted to apologise, but I already had and there was nothing else to say.

George seemed to notice something was up and tried to ask me what happened. There was no way I was telling him though. He would absolutely bully the crap out of me and probably tease Lucy too. I didn't want to make her more embarrassed so I told George that nothing had happened and I don't know why he seemed to think something was wrong. He obviously didn't buy it and kept pestering me. At one point he cornered me and so I gave in, spilling everything that happened. But I made him promise not to say anything to Lucy because she would go ballistic. Being the caring and kind friend that George is, he demolished me with insults and jokes, but kept his promise about Lucy.