Chapter 2

Kendall Jones stood 5'7 and caramel skin. A coke bottle shape would describe her perfectly. Her auburn hair was slightly pass shoulder length and she was approaching 30. She's married to Kenneth Jones who owns a bank franchise. They have 2 wonderful kids together; Kendrick who is 10 and Kendra who is 5.

          Just a little background, Kendall married at the age of 18 but before that she had a troubled home and was determined to help women everywhere to remain safe. So she took this case personal. Her mother died when Kendall was 10 and soon after that her father went to prison for a drug charge. So Kendall took all her cases personal. She was known for her short temper and for thinking outside of the box. She's been on the force for almost 5 years now.

          As Kendall walked in her home, Kendra ran to her with a giant smile and hugged and kissed her mother. So relieved to be home she asks her daughter," Where's daddy and Kendrick?" Her daughter caramel complexion with her hair down her back and a huge smile that would make anyone smile back replied," They're in the garage fixing Kenny's bike." And ran back to finish watching TV.

"Well I'm in the bedroom if anyone asks." "Okay mommy!" Kendall went into her room and took her Seroquel and tried to go to sleep. As she turned on the T.V. in hopes that will help, she didn't notice her son approaching her bedside and before he knew it she pulled her gun out and pointed it into his direction. He was so scared he ran out the room crying and before she could grab him, Kenneth walked in. Kendall began to cry and apologize and Kenneth did nothing but hold her.

          Her husband Kenneth was 6'3 with a smooth chocolate complexion; he had a trimmed bread and mustache. He was a clean man and a very strong-willed person. Though Kendall was a strong black woman, Kenneth was her backbone. He was the person that kept her sane.

          She tried so hard to go to sleep that night and as she dosed off all she could hear was the screams. Not just a stranger screams but the screams of her mother. All of a sudden she was a child again, caught in the middle of one of her parents arguments. So scared she runs under the table and all she can see is her mother being beaten to the ground and her father yelling and screaming and throwing punches. Then her father grabs her and all though Kendall's scared she trusts her father. Her mother is crying screaming nooooo! But her father ignores her. He takes Kendall to the room and.......Kendall jumps up in a cold sweat. She couldn't go back to sleep after that she was too afraid of that dream ever finishing.