Chapter 6

Kendall pulled into a diner, at this time of night it was only 3 cars in the parking lot. Kendall parked the car and took a deep breath, impatience has gotten the best of her and now she felt guilt seeking in. She puts the car in park and walks inside. There he was standing about 6'4 with the perfect mocha complexion, hair brushed with a slight shine and waves that would out do the ocean. His smile had the most perfect spark and his gold-t complimented his face. When looking at Chris you would think he was mixed with Puerto Rican or something but he was just as black as Kendall.

          The background on Kendall and Chris is complicated; they were in a relationship for most of their life. They lived right down the hall from each other in a small apartment building and though they grew up the same way, the outcomes of their lives were completely different.

          Chris was 3 year older than Kendall but didn't look like it. When he turned 13 Chris started skipping school and was dealing in the streets. He ended up in jail a year later over a robbery. Chris was the only one besides her husband that knew what Kendall went through as a child and when Chris went to jail he left her all alone. He came back home when Kendall was 16 and soon afterwards he was taking care of her. Gave her everything she could ask for and more but Kendall knew this life wouldn't last long. 2 months before Kendall was about to graduate from high school Chris was sent back to prison over a drug charge. Kendall knew he wasn't coming back and she moved on and married Kenneth.

          As she approached their table she couldn't notice he had already ordered her food. Kendall couldn't help but smile; he knew exactly what to order. But she quickly grew serious and sat down. "What do you want Chris?" "Well hello to you too Kay", he said. Kendall began to get frustrated but she just wanted to get this "meeting" over with. With a sarcastic smile she replies, "Hello Chris, nice to see you, now what do you want?" He sat straight up in his seat and cleared his throat. "I got a mole, I don't know who he is but I know he's working for y'all." Kendall with a straight face asked, "And what do you want me to do about it?" She already knew what he wanted but she was just too afraid of what might happen to that person. "You know what I want Kay, all I need is a name. Not even a full name." He finished his last sip of coffee. Kendall looked down at her plate; she hadn't touched her food and didn't plan it either. She grabbed her things and before she got out of her seat she replied with, "I'll see what I can do." And with that she left.