Chapter 8

“Yo boss, Chief wants you in his office”, yelled Jonathan to Kendall. Kendall knew Chief Williams was upset; a simple harassment case has now turned into a murder. Kendall walked into the office. “I know what you’re thinking”, she said. And before she could finish her sentence he says, “NO YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M THINKING!” Chief Williams tried to calm himself; there was no need to raise his blood pressure again. With a sigh he says, “Fix it.”

          When Kendall left the office she set up a meeting with all the security guards for questioning.  She met with each one individually. The head security guard seemed like a just man. He took his job seriously and he reported he was not working the night of the murder. All the rest of the security guards were easy to detect and nothing seemed suspicious about any of them except one.

          He was 6’4 and was slim with masculine arms. When he walked into the room he was smiling and he was looking at Kendall as if they knew each other. When he sat down he was relaxed as if nothing could go wrong. That was until Kendall started questioning him. He face grew serious and just a little hurt. He kept asking her, “Don’t you know who I am?” But she didn’t and each time she said it he grew more and more heartbroken. His face looked familiar but she couldn’t figure out how. She was hoping for maybe they ran into each other at a store or something but the look on his face said they knew each other personally. She was interrupted from her thoughts with the ringing of her phone. “Detective Jones”, “Baby girl I need that name.” “Chris, if I tell you, will you leave me alone for good?” Yes!” “Okay meet me at 6:30 on 11 mile and Dequindre, on the corner is a hotel called Victory Suites.” “I’ll be there.” And he hung up the phone. Kendall left the home of the Mayor Washington and went back to the office. When she walked in she saw that Marcus was still there. “What are you still doing here”, she asked. “Well I have an extra work I need to do and didn’t want to take it home to the Mrs.” “Oh well good luck with that, I just have to finish saving these files on the computer and I’m out.” Kendall lied but for a second she did not care. She was just ready to get the monkey off her back. As she typed in the Detectives undercover, she started to get this funny feeling. Like she wasn’t herself anymore, the walls around her began to fade and she fell asleep.