Chapter 7

Kendall sat in her car parked in the driveway of her house. Tears begin to run down her face, seeing Chris brought back so many hurtful memories. She started to think about the times her mom and dad would fight and the only person she could turn to was Chris. The many times she was too scared to go home so Chris would let her stay with him. But she quickly wiped her eyes. For those memories were no longer important to her. She knew who she loved.

          She walked in to the house with a smile on her face. Her family was perfect in every way. She sat on the couch and snuggled under her husband and watched TV with her family. Before you knew it everyone was sleep on the couch.

          The next morning Kendall was making breakfast for everyone, when Kenneth walked in with a very suspicious look. Kendall smiled and asked, “Why are you looking at me like that?” Kenneth asked, “Where were you at last night?”

Kendall looked surprised and said, “I was here, we were all sleep on the couch.” “No, after that?” said Kenneth. Kendall looked scared, “What are you talking about I was sleep.” Kenneth tried to look calm but she could tell he was nervous. “You came home last night and we all fell asleep on the couch but around 3 a.m. you got up changed into an outfit I’ve never seen before and left. I tried to stop you but you were talking funny and said you had some unfinished business to take care of. You came back around 5 in the morning and got in the shower immediately.  I tried to talk to you but it was like you were in a daze.” Kendall could see that whatever happened last night really bothered Kenneth but honestly the only thing she could remember from last night was falling to sleep. What could have happened? All of a sudden the TV blared out BREAKING NEWS and interrupted Kendall’s thoughts. The anchor came on and reported, “It has been reported that Stephanie Washington is dead. Reporters say she was receiving threats from an anonymous person and around 4 this morning she was found dead with her heart missing.” Kendall looked at Kenneth with a nervous look in her eye. She knew Chief Williams was going crazy at the office.