Chapter 16- Kandie's Point of Voice

I cannot fucking believe that bitch called Kendall’s phone! And then he tried to threaten me, this nigga got life fucked up if he think I’m worried about his “blackmail”. That is okay though, I’m gone handle this mutha’fer myself. I pull up to the Mayor’s house but not through the front gate but through the security entrance. I know from experience that I can get through this way because everyone knows me here. As I step out of the car, I walk straight up to Darrell and slap the shit out of him. Before he could get up and react Jamie grabbed him and set him back down. “How fucking dare you call my phone and threaten me! Do you think I fucking stupid or something? How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t want your ass? You gone fuck around and get your ass killed”, I screamed in his face. I could tell that he was upset but I didn’t give fuck. He almost exposed me and Stephanie’s secret. I can’t believe he called Kendall and told her that shit.

          I walked away and get back in the car and speed off, I seen an empty lot and pulled over into it. I felt the tears about to come down and before I could blink them away, they flowed down my cheeks. I never gave myself time to mourn over Stephanie and I guess this was better time than ever. Since people don’t know about me it’s very easy to do whatever I please and not care about the consequences. But Stephanie knew me, she knew me very well and even though in public she acted as though she hated me. We loved each other more than anyone else. I loved that woman more than I loved myself and I would have done anything for her. But she was taken away from me, though it hasn’t been proven I know Darrell killed her. I know that he was hurt that I refused to date him because I loved her. And after I told him no that’s when the letters started to come. Stephanie was so scared and paranoid that she had me come over every night to spend some time with her.

          I was there the night she died, Kenneth tried to stop me from going but I knew she needed me so I left. But I didn’t stay for more than an hour because I was worried that Kenneth would have followed me to her place. The tears that were rolling down my cheek refused to stop. She looked so beautiful that night and I wanted to stay the night with her so bad but I couldn’t. I punched the steering wheel “damn I should have stayed!”  I thought to myself.

          I know Darrell killed her because when Kendall questioned him the next day he almost blew my cover. I should have jumped out and punch his ass but I had to stay cool. I was never really ready for Kendall to know about me and now that she does its making everything more complicated. How am I supposed to live my life now that she knows about me? Ughhhhh “I CAN’T DO THIS SHIT NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!”