Chapter 5

Kendall sat in her car and thought long and hard. "How could I handle this?" is the question she asked herself. Then it hit her she would need to first talk to the post office and then the security guards that check the mail. She can question them about anything out of the ordinary when it comes to the mail. She could also try to get the security to keep a close eye on what the mail delivery trucks looks like and the drivers.

Kendall tried to drain out her thoughts by turning the radio on, flipping through stations she decided to leave it on the smooth jazz station. She mentally went over her check list of things to do that. Grocery shopping, helping the kids with homework, cooking, she also had to prepare for her wedding anniversary with Kenneth which was approaching quickly. Kendall chuckled at herself and thought,"Being a woman is hard." As she approached the school parking lot to pick up the kids she received a text from Kenneth that read, "Don't worry about cooking tonight, I picked up some chinese and ice cream *wink." She smiled so hard at the text,"That man is too perfect for me." The kids climbed into the backseat and in unison yelled, "Hi Mommy." "Hi baby loves", she yelled back, "Daddy got Chinese for dinner so lets hurry and get home before he eats it all."

 On her way home Kendall got a phone call, "Detective Jones." The voice on the other line was a male and one that was all so familiar to Kendall, "Well hello Kay, how's my angel?" With a role of her eyes Kendall replies," What do you want Chris?" Chris with his smooth deep voice replied very seductively," I miss you, come see me." With no hesitation Kendall replies, "NO!" "Awwww come on Kay, I need a favour and from what I heard you need info." There was a slight pause, Kendall sat in thought. She knows how Chris operates and she knows that what he wants isn't just as simple as money. They've worked together before but after the last situation Kendall knew she did not want to risk jail for information. But then another thought came to mind, she could be done with this case if she had a lead. "Meet me at the regular place."  *click.