Chapter 11

Okay here goes the 11th chapter. This one is a shocker and I have a feeling you will like it. Stay tune for Chapter 12, there will be a huge twist. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Kendall woke up the next morning and her bed but she couldn’t remember how she got there. The last thing she remembered was sitting at the computer in her office. She tried to think about everything that happened last night but her whole mind went blank. “How did I get home”, she said to herself. She sat up from her bed and noticed that her body was a sore. And when she looked down at herself she was naked. Then she sniffed the air and something smelled fantastic.

          She got out of the bed slowly, put on some jogging pants and a T-shirt and walked into the kitchen. Kenneth was standing in front of the stove, cooking and humming. She smiled at the thought of him being so happy this morning. She walked over to him and gave him a huge hug from behind and laid her head on his back.

          He turned and kissed on the forehead with a smile on his face. She smiled and said, “Is all this for me?” Kenneth said, “Of course, you deserved is Kandie.” With a smile on his face and smacked her on the butt. Kendall passed for a moment thinking to herself, “What the hell happened last night? And who is Kandie? I’ve heard that name before.” They ate breakfast together and it was amazing for the both of them.

          This great morning didn’t last long when Kendall was called into the office because of the Washington murder. She tried to tell Kenneth she had to go in and he got angry and was complaining about how they never spend time together. Kendall was so confused she didn’t know why he felt that way. But instead of arguing even more she got into the shower and left the house.

          On the way to the office she looked at her phone and saw she had 10 missing calls from Chris and 3 text messages from him. She wondered if this was about her not showing up last night to give him the snitch’s name.

          She opened the first text message and it read: Baby I’m sorry about last night, it slipped out. Just call me back so I can come see you again. And please don’t do anything you might regret.

          Kendall was confused, why was he texting her this? She opened up the second one: Kandie baby, please answer the phone. You know how I feel about you and how much I miss and love you. Just come by the diner. I’ll be there all night waiting for you.

          “WHO THE FUCK IS KANDIE?!” Kendall shouted out. At this moment Kendall pulled over and tried to breathe through this. She opened the third text message: Idk where you are baby but I’m worried about you. I don’t want you to do something to hurt Kendall. I know how you feel about her but you have to realize without her you wouldn’t be here. Please just call me so we can talk baby. I love you.

          Kendall was frustrated and terrified at the same time. She didn’t have a clue on what Chris was talking about but she was going to find out. She dialed his number. “Hello?” “Chris! It’s Kendall we need to talk like seriously. Meet me at the diner at 3.” “Alright Kay, I’ll see you there.”

          Kendall got back in the car and went to the office. When she got there everyone was acting weird as if they knew something about her that she didn’t know. She was into Chief William’s office and was sitting at his desk with his face in his hands. He looked worried. He stood up and sat on the corner of his desk. “Please sit down.” He said. Kendall sat down saying, “What’s the matter Chief?” Chief looked hurt. He has been close to Kendall since she first joined the force. He treated her like a daughter and he was the god-father of Kendra. He loved her and her family. How was he going to explain to her that she was now a suspect in Stephanie’s murder?

          “Well Kendall, we went to the crime scene last night and we found some new evidence.” “That’s great, so why do you look at worried?” “We found your prints on the pen that stabbed on the neck.” Confused Kendall tried to think. “So what I’m a suspect now?” She said. Chief felt like crying but he held his self together. “We’re going to need you badge and gun until we can get to the bottom of this. And until we can find another suspect, you need to stay in the city.”

          Kendall was speechless but she passed him her badge and gun and walked out of the building. “What am I going to do?” She thought to herself. “How am I supposed to get out of this?” She got into the car and drove to the diner. She would just stay and wait for Chris.