chapter 8

Scott became healthy and well again. He recovered from his injuries shorter than expected and was eager to start training the American army to become better. Stiles sent for Isaac Lahey to start traveling to the American castle and Lydia's father sent for Derek Hale to travel here also. In less than a week, the three men would begin everyday training to improve each soldiers ability.

Things in the castle started going back to normal again as well. Lydia's father pushed past his grief and prepared for the Empress of Korea to arrive and was preparing the wedding and coronation for Stiles and Lydia. The King was ready to hand the throne down and he never looked more eager to get the crown off off his head.

Stiles and Lydia were also preparing to become King and Queen. They had more responsibilities and became more respected in the castle. Before the death of Lydia's mother, they were just known as the heirs who would take years to become King and Queen but now they were known as the heirs who could become King and Queen at any given moment.

Empress Kira Yukimura of Korea was suppose to be at the castle in less than a day and everyone was panicking. The only country that has ever been to the American castle to discuss an alliance was Great Britain, and that ended in an arranged marriage. No one knew why Empress Kira wanted to take down France, but America and Britain needed all the help they could get to dethrone Queen Isabella for once and for all. The only part that scared the royal family was the price that would have to payed in order to have an alliance with Korea.

Lydia was busy most of the day with meetings concerning business deals while Stiles was busy with The King discussing possibilities of an alliance between Korea, America, and Great Britain.

"I've had enough of this." Lydia yells, "You're all wealthy Lords with lots of money, land, and some of you even control the food. We'll discuss more about these ridiculous deals after the Empress of Korea leaves and when Lord Peter Hale gets here. Until then, you all should be happy with the wealth and land you have been granted." Lydia opens the large doors, signaling that the meeting was over and for everyone to leave. She impatiently stood by the doors and tapped her foot until only her, Stiles, her father, and guards were in the room.

"Lords were always known to give people like us problems." Her father laughs as she slams the door shut.

"I would've been ruder to them but they hold such power that I decided to be nicer than I should've been. They all have unrealistic expectations." Lydia sighs, rolling her eyes. "Do we know when the Korean Empress will be here?"

"When the music plays. She should be here any minute and until then you should do something to put you in a good mood. It's never good to meet with a royal while angry. You'll say things that infuriate you." Lydia's father advises then turns to Stiles, "Same goes with you, Stiles. All of us need a break from this political mess."

"Well, if you insist." Stiles smiles and walks towards Lydia as they begin to walk out of the room.

"Did you and my father really just spend the past four hours discussing possible alliance deals?" Lydia questions.

Stiles shakes his head, "I would go crazy if I could only talk about that for four hours. He talked with me a little about the coronation and the wedding. Your father said that they should be during the time that the Empress of Korea is here."

"Why is that?" Lydia then asks.

"Maybe to show we're in power." Stiles shrugs, "But I have no clue. Whatever the date is, I want to at least make sure that my father is here to see the wedding."

"Oh my goodness." Lydia yells in shock.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Stiles asks in alarm.

"Your mother has been imprisoned for almost a month! I forgot about her because the plague broke out and my mother passed away. Your mother, the Queen of Britain, is still in the prison." Lydia says, almost laughing as she speaks about the situation.

"She is going to be furious. I need to send my father to get here as soon as possible. I can only imagine how angry she is." Stiles says in amusement as he imagines his mother yelling the guards about how she's living like a person who is a disgrace to the human race.

"Your mother is a problem that we will deal with when your father gets here. Until then, we should just forget that she's imprisoned. It would probably make us look bad in front of Empress Kira." Lydia replies and begins walking again. "I don't know what shocks me more, the fact that someone wants to make an alliance with us or the fact that someone chose to make an alliance with us instead of making one with France."

"I think that we should just be happy that we're just going to become stronger with another alliance. Our lives will become much easier with Queen Isabella out of the way." Stiles says.

"Which also means her daughter will be crowned Queen. And let's not forget that her daughter wants to marry you." Lydia sighs, rolling her eyes.

Stiles looks at Lydia and laughs, "Are you jealous?"

"Well, yes. There is no shame to it. I think that I have the right to be jealous if another future Queen wants to marry you- who is suppose to be my future husband, in case you've forgotten."

"I guess you're in luck because I haven't forgotten and you can trust me when I say that I don't want to marry Princess Malia of France. When it comes down to marriage, you are the only person that I would want to marry." Stiles says, reassuring Lydia.

Lydia lets out what seems to be a sigh of relief and begins to reply to Stiles, but the royal music playing through the castle interrupts their conversation. "And the Empress is here." Lydia smiles.

The same routine was repeated when Kira got here. The royals were announced along with Kira but instead of having a normal dinner to just talk, there was a dinner to discuss alliance possibilites. Lydia, Stiles, and Kira were closed off in the political meeting room and Lydia's father sat on the couch and listened to the conversation between the future King and Queen and the Empress of Korea.

"So, Empress Kira, why exactly do you despise France so much?" Stiles questions.

"My country always has. France killed many of my people in a surprise attack about seven years ago and some villages are still trying to recover from the attack. Ever since then, I remember vowing to myself that I would seek revenge upon France and get justice from country. Everyone royal is aware of the wedding between America and Britain. Everyone is scared about how powerful your two countries can become, even France is. If there is a war then I want to be on the winning side and I want to see France be destroyed." Kira says, serious in her voice and her facial expression.

"Stiles and I would gladly accept your offer for our countries to be allied but both of us are just curious to know what would be done to ally our countries?" Lydia then asks.

Kira shrugs, "Let me stay at the castle a few days and see. Until then, I say our business meeting is adjourned. Can one of your guards show me to my room?"

"Yes, of course." Lydia nods and signals one of the guards to escort Kira out.

"Oh!" Kira then says, "I'm also very excited to see the wedding between you two. I assume that should be held soon."

"It will be held soon." Stiles nods, "Very soon."

"Lovely." Kira then smiles then walks out of the room. Stiles walks over to close the doors political meeting room.

"I think we have a new problem on our hands."

"A problem that can easily be dealt with." The King says, waving his hands. "For now we just need to make everything go as planned."

"What is exactly the plan?" Stiles asks, "I don't recall having any sort of plan?"

"Well, we have a plan now. You and Lydia are going to be married in three days." The King replies.

~-~-

The wedding will probably be the next chapter! I already have Lydia's wedding dress chosen out and it is gorgeous!!!

Anyway, this chapter isn't one of my best but I'm so excited to write the next chapter!

I have over 400 reads!! I'm really happy you guys like this, but I feel like my last couple of chapters haven't been that great. But thank you all so much!