chapter 16

Almost three weeks had passed since Lydia saw Stiles and Malia kiss. Lydia could barely look at Stiles and spent all of her time trying to avoid him. She was hurt, angry, and had no clue what to do. Lydia didn't know if there was anything she could do since Stiles could've already fallen under Malia's trap. When Lydia saw her husband and the Princess of France kissing, she ran to her room as fast as she could, locked the room door, and cried. All her of emotions were held in for too long and seeing Stiles and Malia made everything worse. Whatever happened, no country could find out about the affair. It would destroy America and Great Britain, but Lydia was beginning to think that maybe that is what Stiles and Malia wanted.

Yesterday, Scott left the castle to travel to Korea with Kira. They seemed genuinely happy together, and everyone was happy as long as Scott was. No one knew how long it would be until he visited again, but Scott promised that he would. Today would be the day that Jackson Whittemore would arrive to train the part of the army that Scott use to train. He was arriving today during mid-afternoon.

Lydia sat on Allison's bed as Allison sat on the window cill and stared outside. The only other person who knew about Stiles and Malia was Allison since after Lydia stopped crying and calmed down, she ran to Allison's room.

Allison was furious. This just gave her more of a reason to despise Malia, and Allison even expressed that she felt the need to shoot a bow and arrow at Malia but that would be treason.

"What are you going to do about Stiles and Malia?" Allison questions, breaking the peaceful silence.

Lydia shrugged, "I don't think there's much that I can do. Stiles and I can barely talk to each other without getting in an argument and he spends all of time with Malia."

"I think you should realize that Stiles has always loved you and he will always love you. Malia is manipulating him but he doesn't realize. Even if you guys do always fight now, you're the only person who can make him realize what kind of a person that Malia really is. You are the only person who can reach him, Lydia. You just don't realize it. Even if Stiles doesn't realize any of this, then he will find his way back to you. It's funny how things like that work. Stiles truly loved you, and love like that doesn't fade. He will find his way back to you."

"Even if he does come back to me, I still don't know how I could ever manage to forgive him for what he did." Lydia replied and wore a look of sadness on her face.

~-~-

Jackson arrived at the castle and since Stiles was off somewhere with Malia, Lydia had to show him around the castle and to the new army he would training. Jackson also wasn't like anything Lydia pictured. He had defined features and had a bit of rudeness to him that Lydia suspected was because of his ego. She didn't dislike him because he seemed to be like a decent person and he would also be helping making America stronger, so she couldn't dislike him.

"Well, my lady, this castle is lovely. The British castle isn't as nearly as great as the American one." Jackson says as they walk into the backyard.

Lydia laughed, "Thank you, but soon you will probably realize that this castle isn't as great as you think it is."

"So, where is Stiles? I'd like to talk to him and ask him why he still holds a grudge against me. I don't even know why he does."

"I have no clue where he is." Lydia lied. She couldn't tell Jackson that he was with the Princess of France, that would be embarrassing and make Jackson think that France was no longer an enemy.