chapter 30

Lydia didn't know how long it's been since she was captured. She was tired, hungry, and beaten. She still held onto the hope that Stiles or someone from the American army would find her. The French men had fun seeing her suffer, they said it was justice from Queen Isabella and Princess Malia. Lydia didn't let them know that she was suffering, she put on a strong face and rude attitude.

"Day four, Queen. No one has yet to find you." A French man said and he stood in front of her, "How does it feel? To be slowly dying from thirst?"

"Lovely." Lydia spat in his face, "I've never been better!"

"Your sarcasm isn't helping your situation at all."

"Well, I don't think anything can help my situation." Lydia shrugged, "What are you going to do? Punch me? Slap me? You and your men have already done that."

"I don't understand how people can stand you."

"They don't. They sit." Lydia replied.

"Someone tape this girls mouth shut!" The French man yelled and Lydia smiled. She enjoyed letting this side of her out, but she didn't know how much longer she can handle being prisoner. She could feel herself getting weaker and weaker by the minute. Going over three days with out water is unhealthy, and according to the French man it's been four days.

"Sir, the American army is outside and the King is with them." Another French man said as he came running through the cabin. 

"Told you they would find me!" Lydia cried, but then also realized Stiles was there. If there's anyone that these French men hated more then Lydia, it was Stiles and they wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

"The King?" The French man said then looked at Lydia, "Maybe the best way to make you suffer is to kill him."

"Good luck with that." Lydia said, "He has an army."

Lydia watched as a group of about twenty French men ran outside to fight. The door was kicked open and she saw Stiles and Derek. "Get Lydia, I'll take care of these men." Stiles ordered.

Derek ran to the Queen and untied her hands and legs from the chair. She got up, but felt dizzy. He helped her up and they carefully made their way out of the house and through the battle. Lydia saw Allison hiding behind bushes and shooting at French men. There was a carriage waiting and Derek helped Lydia inside. "Stay in here." Derek said and ran back out.

Lydia sat back and breathed a sigh of relief. She was finally free and safe, but Stiles was still inside the cabin fighting French men who wanted nothing more than to kill him. Lydia listened as the sounds of swords fighting came to an end.

"Are you okay?" Allison asked. Her face was red and she seemed out of breath.

"I'm fine, at least I will be, but are you okay?" Lydia then asked.

"One of those stupid French men snuck up on me. I managed to knock him out with my bow." Allison informed, "By the way, I'm so happy that you're okay." Allison walked away and Lydia was left by herself in the carriage. She was anxious to see if Stiles was alright and to just see him in general. 

"If there are still French men alive then we'll take them as prisoners. They'll be beheaded in the morning for acts of treason. Derek will lead you back to the castle." Stiles voice yelled, and Lydia breathed a sigh of relief. He was okay. "Lydia." Stiles said and his voice was filled with relief.

"Your arm!" She exclaimed, seeing a bleeding slash mark going across it.

"Never mind that, it'll be fine." Stiles shrugged the injury off and hugged her, "I thought they killed you."

"They probably wanted to. I was being annoying the whole entire time I was held hostage." Lydia laughed.

"I wish there was a worst punishment I could do to those French men besides beheading." Stiles said as he looked at his wife's face. Lydia's face was beaten and bruised up. Stiles regretted that he wasn't at the castle to save her from being captured. "I think it's time to teach you some self defense strategies." 

"Well, I have always wanted to learn how to use a bow and arrow." Lydia replied before she kissed her husband and hugged him again.

--------------

Yay Lydia is safe now! So, how would you guys feel about Lydia learning how to use and bow and arrow or learning how to sword fight? Would that be something you guys like to see?

The Monarchs has over 6k reads!!! I still can't believe how many people have read and enjoyed this story... it's insane! Thank you all so much and it really means a lot to me that so many of you like this story!

I also published a new fanfiction and it's a Liam Dunbar one! He's amazing and I've wanted to write one forever so I'm so glad I did! It's called Nine Lives and it is NOT based off a Teen Wolf season. It's something I came up with. Go check that out if you want to!