chapter 32

"Australia has surrendered! The Russian and American army has led a successful attack against Australia which caused them to surrender!" People yelled and ran around the castle. Ever since news was revealed that one of the opponents backed out of the war, everyone has been celebrating. The war wasn't won, but it was one step closer to be won. Even Italy was close to surrendering with the Korean and Great Britain army being persistent with fighting them.

Lydia and Stiles watched happily as the people living in the castle were celebrating. Seeing people happy once again made them happy. As a King and Queen, there was nothing better than knowing your people are happy and that the country is safe.

Isaac and Allison were celebrating with Derek. Almost four weeks passed since Isaac finally woke up, and two weeks later he decided to go into battle with the Russians to attack Australia. Stiles said that Isaac needed time to heal and commanded Isaac to stay in the infirmary, but Isaac went anyway.

"Chris Argent is making a trip here." Stiles said as he read off of a telegram that was sent to him no less than five minutes ago. "He'll be in here in less than four hours."

"Chris Argent actually has time to make an appearance at the castle?" Lydia asked in a joking way, "He's always so busy with his army."

Stiles shrugged, "His army and Derek's are suppose to plan an attack against France and with the news of Russia's surrender and Italy's close to surrender, Chris just wants to get the war over with apparently."

"I don't blame him. It's exhausting." Lydia replied. She barely remembered the last time she saw Chris. It must've been at least four years ago. Lydia didn't know how long it has been since Allison saw her father, but Lydia knew Allison would be excited,

"Lydia! Hello! Have you come to tell me that I'll be beheaded for not obeying the King's commands to not go into battle?" Isaac asked and Lydia rolled her eyes, dismissing Isaac's comment.

"Your father is coming to visit. He should be in here in less than three hours. I thought it would be nice for you to hear." Lydia said, telling her best friend.

A smile grew on Allison's face and she jumped up and down. "I haven't seen him in two years! Oh, I must tell my mother!" Lydia watched as Allison walked out of the throne room. She was probably going to take one of the horses to ride to the Argent estate to get her mom.

"My Queen, there's a telegram here for you." One of the guards said, handing her the telegram.

"Oh, thank you." She smiled.

"What's that?" Stiles asked as he walked towards his life and she shrugged.

"I'll have to read and see." Lydia carefully read the telegram and her facial expression changed from happiness to shock as she read. She folded the telegram back up and cleared her throat. "Jackson died in battle against Italy. I guess that he requested the King and Queen find out."

Stiles nodded, shocked as well. "He died with honor fighting the enemy. Um, how exactly are you feeling about this?"

"Surprised. Also confused because I haven't even been in contact with him since he left the castle."

"Really?" Stiles asked with a doubtful tone in her voice and Lydia sighed in annoyance.

"My goodness Stiles, it was a one week fling and it wasn't like I slept with him. I sure you slept with Malia."

"Well-uh-maybe, but that doesn't matter because it wasn't real."

"Oh it was until you realized she threatened my life." Lydia replied. "Let's just drop the subject before we get in another argument. We should be celebrating! Our reign has been successful so far!"