chapter 31

One week passed since Lydia finally arrived back home from being captured. She wasn't injured badly but was a bit bruised. Stiles got his arm patched up and when Lydia came home she found out that Isaac was unconscious from fighting in battle. The French prisoners were beheaded for their crimes in their prison cells earlier in the morning. Lydia felt almost satisfied. She felt like the war wasn't going to last much longer and that the castle was safer than ever since the attack.

"I almost hit that poor bird." Lydia cried as she walked back inside the castle with Allison. Ever since the attack, Lydia decided that needed to learn some type of self defense strategies. Allison volunteered to teach her archery. Lydia thought that her best friend should rather be with Isaac, but Allison insisted that it was unhealthy to spend every minute of the day sitting and waiting for Isaac to wake up. If he would wake up.

"You're learning." Allison replied, "It took me four months to hit the target perfectly. You're just learning.

"But I have to admit, archery is quite fun. I also miss wearing my dresses and heels, so I'm going to go change now." Lydia dismissed herself. She wore a brown jacket, black shirt, black pants, and brown boots. Lydia felt comfortable wearing her usual dresses, but Allison said that Lydia would probably ruin her dress if she wore them for archery training.

"Oh, wow, you're actually wearing pants." Stiles said in a surprised voice as Lydia walked in their room.

"Yes, I know. I am not wearing a dress." Lydia replied then looked at her husband, "That had a double meaning."

"I have no control over what my mouth says, it has a mind of it's own." Stiles shrugged. "How's Allison holding up?"

"As well as she could be doing." Lydia walked out of her closet wearing her normal dresses. "I cannot even begin to imagine how hard this must be for her! Isaac and Allison have been together for at least four months."

"Isaac can survive this. I have no doubt that he'll be fine. He just needs time. I need to go now and train his part of the army. The army isn't going to train itself." Stiles kissed his wife and Lydia sighed.

"You don't need to do Isaac's job for him."

"I'm not. I actually enjoy doing this and what kind of King would I be if I didn't help?" Stiles walked out of the room and Lydia shook her head. Stiles always did so much, he goes into battle and leads them. All Lydia did was go into meetings and manage to get captured. She didn't think she was a good Queen. 

Lydia walked down to the infirmary to see Isaac. She saw Allison sitting at his bed side and crafting an arrow. Whenever Allison was worried or wanted to get her mind off of something she usually did some kind of craft.

"How long has he been out?" Lydia asked and sat next to her best friend.

"Almost two weeks. It was the same time you were captured." Allison informed and put her makeshift arrow down. "This isn't healthy. I need to go out and do stuff."

"What do you usually do when you're not talking to me or Isaac? Or spying on me for Stiles?"

"Please, let that go. It was for your own good!" Allison always got defensive and a bit angered when Lydia brought up the spying. Lydia only brought it up because she enjoyed seeing Allison's reaction. "I usually go out and hunt. I sometimes teach the guards at the top of the towers how to properly do archery since all of them are terrible at it. Sometimes I go out to town, but not very often."

"Do  you worry when Isaac is in battle?" Lydia then asked.

"Of course I do. I worry about Isaac in battle like you worry about Stiles in battle." Allison replied with a confused look on her face.

"Then think of this as Isaac is in battle. He's just in battle with his own mind. He always comes out of battle fine." Lydia said, "He'll be fine. Don't worry too much."

"I always thought you and Isaac had sort of a feud going on, or that you two weren't fond of each other but also didn't hate each other." Allison then brought up the topic of the odd friendship Lydia and Isaac had, making Lydia laugh.

"Actually, he just always seems to approach me at the worst possible times. I don't have anything against him, he's a good person and I'm glad you're with him. I think that Isaac and I are somewhat of friends."

Someone then laughed and it wasn't Allison or Lydia. The two turned to their heads to look at Isaac and he opened his eyes to look at Lydia. "I appreciate the worry. It's flattering."

--------------

Well, I apologize for the short chapter but I'll be updating tomorrow. And yay, Isaac is awake! I personally like writing Isaac and Lydia scenes because they're funny together. Their friendship will grow, but there still will be bickering.

If you want to see what Lydia wears when she's learning archery than you can just look up 'Katniss Everdeen archery outfits' and it's the one with the brown leather jacket. If you want to see what Allison wears than look up 'Natalie Portman archery outfit' and it's first one with the green long sleeve shirt. Allison also wears things like that on a daily basis since she's not the type of character that I would picture wearing dresses all the time. If you wanna know what types of dresses that Allison does wear then just search 'Susan Pevensie'  and it's those types of dresses.

Thank you all for reading!