Chapter 16

3rd POV

The group fell through the other end of the portal and crashed through the trees; getting hit with branches and poked with pine needles, before hitting the hard earth.

"Blegh! Pft, Pft!" Jay began with disgust as he spat dirt from his mouth.

"Argh...!" Cole moaned as he carefully sat up, placing a hand on his back. "That was definitely not the kinda landning I was hoping for when we got sucked through a portal."

"Ow-!" Lloyd yelped as he sat up and held his right arm.

"You Alright?" Morro asked with worry as he crouched by his cousin.

"I think I broke my arm upon collision." Lloyd tried to move said arm but a sharp pain ripped through it. "Argh! Ow, Ow, Ow!"

"Where are we?" Skylor questioned as she held her head.

"I am unsure..." Zane replied as his left eye twitched. He banged the side of his head a few times before shaking it; temporarily fixing his twitching eye. "My scanners got a little banged up as I hit the ground. It'll take a bit to fix."

"We're In the Dark Woods... " Kearin began from where he stood; back turned towards the team. "This is where people used to get banished."

"How far are we from Kean?" Nya queried as she gingerly held her right hand; a deep cut slicing through her palm.

"Miles... Its like a Maze out here... and even if you did find a way out, It'll take days to even get out of the Woods. Then you'll have another week or so to get to Kean from here..."

"That's just great!" Jay exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air. "We Came To Kean To Find A Friend But Instead, After Three Or So Days Of Being There, We Get Thrown Into The Battle Of An Ancient Rivalry Between You And A Bunch Of Fucking Snakes! WHY CANT WE JUST CATCH A BREAK?! OH THAT'S RIGHT! BECAUSE NINJA NEVER QUIT! HA HA! JUST ANOTHER DAY IN FUCKING NINJAGO, HUH?!"

"Jay." Cole began. "Just calm down."

"Why?! As I said; We Came To Find A Friend, Not Help Fight An Ancient Long War!"

"And Yet When We Found Out About Beastjitzu, You Were So Excited To Learn It!"

"Yeah?! And?! Now I Just Want To Go Home And Put All Of This Behind Us! Zane?! Can You Contact The Bounty At All?!"

"I can't while my sensors and scanners are down. The fall also damaged my communications."

"Let me fix you, Zane." Nya begam but Morro stopped her.

"Let me." He began. "All of you are hurt. I managed to soften my fall with my wind so I didn't get that injured. You guide me through what I gotta do."

Nya nodded and the two sat behind Zane.

"Good." Jay said flatly. "Once Zane's fixed we can go home."

"But What About Kearin?" Lloyd snapped slightly as Skylor began on a makeshift splint for his broken arm. "He Has No Way Of Getting Home!"

"Then he should've thought about that before He Got Us Sucked Through A Fucking PORTAL!"

"It Wasnt His Fault!" Skylor snapped, accidentally tightening the headband Cole had given her, around Lloyd's arm. The blonde yelped in pain. "Sorry, Lloyd...!"

Kearin had his ears flat against his head and his tail between his legs. He gritted his teeth as hot tears burned the corners of his eyes. He clenched his fists with his head down. The group continued to bicker.

"If Kai Was Here He'd-!"

"KAI ISN'T HERE SKYLOR!" Morro snapped, wind picking up leaves by his feet as he stalked towards the redhead. "HE'S NOT HERE SO STOP SAYING 'If KaI WaS HeRe! AND SHIT! WE CAN'T FIND HIM AND IT'S CLEAR WE NEVER WILL! JUST LET GO OF ALL HOPE! ITS USELESS TO KEEP DWELLING ON SOMEONE WHO'S NOT HERE! ITS BLINDING YOU FROM SEEING WHAT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FUCKING FACE!"