Prologue

Kartik and Naira had been inseparable since they were born. They grew up in a Udaipur, where their families were close friends. Their mothers were best friends, and they spent countless afternoons playing together in the park, sharing toys, and laughing with each other.

Kartik was a mischievous boy, always getting into trouble with his pranks and jokes, while Naira was more reserved and shy, but she loved spending time with Kartik nonetheless. They were like two peas in a pod, and everyone knew that they would grow up to be the best of friends.

As they grew older, their friendship only grew stronger. They went to the same school, sat in the same class, and even shared the same hobbies. They loved playing cricket together, going for bike rides, and watching movies. They were the perfect duo, and nothing could come between them.

But life has its own plans, and one day, fate intervened in their lives. When they were 12 years old, Kartik's father got a job offer in Mumbai, and the family had to move away. It was a heartbreaking moment for Kartik and Naira, who had never been apart for more than a day. They promised to stay in touch, and Kartik even wrote letters to Naira, updating her about his new life in the city.

But as time passed, the letters became fewer, and eventually, they stopped altogether. Naira missed Kartik terribly, but she had no way of reaching out to him. She tried calling his old number, but it was disconnected. She asked her mother, but she didn't have any contact information either. It was as if Kartik had vanished from her life.

Years passed, and Naira grew up to be a beautiful and successful woman. She became a doctor, But there was always a part of her that missed Kartik, her childhood friend. She wondered what had happened to him, where he was, and if he ever thought of her.