Chapter 13

"Mmm.."

As our lips locked, all I could taste was the alcohol in him. And that made me feel even more intoxicated. He wasn't responsive at first, stiff as hell, but when he returned the kisses, I instantly couldn't think correctly.

All I knew was this is the best state I could be in all night.

His lips were so soft and delicate, but the way it moves with mine is the opposite of it. It was so intense and passionate. Filled with so much hunger and love.

When I felt his hands on my back as he pressed me closer to him, which immediately woke every little fire across my body. My hands did their own part by touching his face, feeling the hard planes of his cheeks, down to his jaw, and to his nape where it stayed.

We were breathing heavily in between the kisses as he claimed my mouth again with a hint of increased hunger. He sucked my lower lip and that made me let out a groan, giving him more access.

"Fuck, Eia," he muttered.

My eyes opened upon hearing that, directly making me come back to my senses. I straight away pushed him away from me, gaining the right state of mind, suddenly sober. I was panting heavily as I looked back into his eyes. Those dark eyes that got even a shade darker while looking at me.

Eyes that were left with a hint of anticipation, that slowly turned into confusion and worry.

The bar was filled with loud noises, but I couldn't hear a damn thing other than my racing heart beat. My knees felt weak and I suddenly wanted to cry, because I knew I fucked up. I knew I fucking proved myself wrong!

I never felt anything like that.

With just a damn kiss, I was able to feel everything I never felt in my entire life. I felt so complete. That the missing puzzle in me has been placed at its spot, and now I am finally whole. And as much as I wanted to deny it to myself, I couldn't. It was a feeling no one has ever made me feel, even Tristan.

Just by the sudden thought of him. Of all the efforts he made for me. Him courting me. Giving me flowers everyday. The treehouse.

The guilt just came in.

Because even with those grand gestures, this kiss just proved that I could feel something way more special in the simplest way.

"So, how did that prove you?"

When I heard his baritone voice, I was back to reality. All the noises came back, the kiss was still playing repeatedly in my memory, and Kyhro Javier was in front of me. Asking me if I proved that I don't have any feelings for him after kissing him.

I breathed deeply, before looking straight into his black eyes with a composed look.